IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every store i go into that carries Wiggle Warts i search for the Original style Firetiger...Brad's wigglers makes them. Today i found them online(yes.."them" means i got more than one)I own one but it was so badly attacked by Coho it cannot swim anymore and the wire for attaching hooks has become loosened. These are a must when the Coho shoot through my favorite area.
I got nine coming in the mail :grin: :cheers: :dance:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I think Depoe Bay Dan has some good advice in this area too ...

[ 06-20-2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter ]

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like the red black herringbone. Second choice wiould be the firetiger followed by the orange scale. Don't forget to try jigging the cripples minow. This can be very productive when fish are stacked thick and things slow down. Granted you may snag a few, but I have caught many in the mouth using this method.

Sambo

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Brad himself had a post on another board somewhere that described IN DETAIL the best coho colors...I'll try to find the link.

HC

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Well...I guess I was lucky enough to stock up on the Flo Red ones when they were still around.

You know the rule...If it works good, you can't ever have too many....

I think I got about 6 dozen in the basement.

Safe to assume I'm a believer in Flo Red. :grin:

Mark

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FM, I believe in the Flo Red also...it's usually on my second rod that i put out when i'm chang'n hooks on the firetiger that has been beat up...I also have about at dozen of those odd-ball colors..mostly chrome ones that you think should catch a fish :hoboy: ...
they will be dipped in Flo red so they can be salvaged.

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Flow Red..... FM is right. I've got lots of colors but that seems to be the fish getter, that, and the fire tiger.... and the...... :grin:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
That's my favorite, great for Summers at the mouth of Deschutes, upriver brights like 'em too! Most manufacturers call it the fire tiger but I think Storm called it the hot tiger and the firetiger was the orange with black stripes.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Not sure of the proper names for some of the warts, but the blue and green pirate have worked well for me. If you try Brads, here are the hot numbers, some I've tried and others DepoeBayDan raves about. The #'s are, 08, 29, 33, 37, 38 and the one pictured above is #74. Some of these I believe only come in the mag sizes and some only in the regular size. Finding these can be a problem when the fishing is hot. Brad has some coming out this summer to look for which will be pretty hot. Look for one that BPS used to call the watermelon :dance: , that can be a killer plug on some days. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wobblers,wigglers,wee warts

Brads has the original mold for the "Reel" Wiggle wart..Like i said..i could not find that green thing with the red belly that attracts so many Coho but after e-mailing www.bsfishtales.com they directed me to the proper establishments/urls to find my fix. You know...I can close my eyes at any time during the day and see myself trolling...facing my rod and watching it slam toward the water like it was yesterday :grin: :tongue: I am also thankfull for all of you who fish in the big Blue and Buoy 10 that let so many of these Silver Bullets come my way :dance: :laugh: Is it September yet??

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
storm # 48 (flor. red), #90(fire tiger...red with herringbone/black back), #74 (hot tiger...pictured first post here) not necessarily in that order :grin:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Metallic Cerise is my favorite color for coho's.

Brad makes that color now. Before Brad put them out we would take the Chrome/blue herring bone Warts and dip them in Cerise Lure Coat.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
IMO some days i dont think colors make a difference you could probably catch them on a topwater bass lures

[ 06-21-2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I will try some topwater lures when we have an awesome day that would be a blast :grin:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
BW-17 and BW-02 were the best producers for us last year and this year should be better.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
These are the Brads Wigglers that I like for Slivers, and Steelhead

:grin:

[ 06-21-2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts