IFish Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,820 Posts

My buddy is a; "throw a lot in the pan" guy. I love the hot meals! From incredible breakfasts to steak and tators, we have it all in East Hebo Camp!!

And, they are called MAN WIPES.

BU

Reactions: nehalemguy

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have taken my pup out east for weekend camp trips over the last couple months and my new favorite is iron skillet steak fajitas on my single burner Coleman. Just slice and marinate some tri tip throw a couple chunks of butter in and bag it. Precut onions and bell pepper and bag with some more butter. Fry it up and eat out the pan with mini flour tortillas.

Well I thought I had a pic of the fajitas but I guess your stuck with a pic of my pup on last trip :love:
Dog Sky Cloud Dog breed Mountain

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Have taken my pup out east for weekend camp trips over the last couple months and my new favorite is iron skillet steak fajitas on my single burner Coleman. Just slice and marinate some tri tip throw a couple chunks of butter in and bag it. Precut onions and bell pepper and bag with some more butter. Fry it up and eat out the pan with mini flour tortillas.

Well I thought I had a pic of the fajitas but I guess your stuck with a pic of my pup on last trip :love:
View attachment 978383
Looks like chukar scouting to me!

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
3,027 Posts
Here's mine.
Shoot a grouse or 3. Chunk breast meat. Separate thigh and drum. Cook a couple pieces of bacon in big pot. Brown bird meat in bacon grease. Dump 1 or 2 cans of Campbell's chunky chicken and dumpling soup in depending on how many you're feeding. Top soup with a can of biscuits dough. Cook 20ish minutes til biscuits are done. Legs will still be chewy but good. Kids really like it, especially if they shot the birds
Try this variation:

Prepare grouse as above. If no grouse on hand, I’ll often take a bag of shredded rotisserie chicken. Instead of chicken and dumpling soup, add in a jar or two of homestyle chicken or Turkey gravy. Boil 2 quarts of water and cook a package of gnocchi, strain and add to pot. Top with biscuit dough as above. Gnocchi only takes 3-4 minutes to cook and makes amazing dumplings. Mmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
My FIL does up beef short ribs in a Dutch oven with a tomato sauce base and chunky tomatoes with various seasonings. Typically starts it about lunchtime and when we get in from the evening hunt it’s time to eat. Definitely not terrible!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Another vote for heart Deer or Elk.
I cut into about 3/8 inch slices, brown in a skillet with salt and pepper, medium rare. Toast some bread, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and chutney. No heart ever comes home from camp.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My buddy makes this camp cake/pie thing that’s bomb. Graham cracker crust, white cake mix, can of peach or apple pie filling. He makes the cake mix as like the top crust of the pie. I don’t pay enough attention when he makes it but it’s crazy good after hiking all day.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts