IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a phone call a month ago from a long time family friend asking if I could take him and his daughters out fishing for Fathers Day. Told him sturgeon would be open and the plans were set. Start the morning with them meeting at the bait shop and we were off. First fished the flats across from Warrenton (can you say dead)nothing happen at all. Decided to move to one of tacklebusters spots. Glad I made that move, it paid off in about 5 minutes of being there. :cheers: Nice fat 51 inch keeper
When the tide died we went on the search for those elusive sturgeon. Could never really find a good bite anywhere. Finally found a good bite on the incoming tide but they were all about an inch short. You know you are having a great Fathers day when you can just relax
. Had a wonderful time showing Shannon, Blythe and Larry how to bait, cast and catch these awesome fish..............chris

[ 06-16-2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Great day you had there. What was the bait for the day? Nice fish too! :cheers:

Edited for spelling.

[ 06-16-2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really enough action to say what bait of the day was but the keeper was caught on shrimp and had a few shakers on anchovies. We did catch a few Halibut also..............Chris

[ 06-16-2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

·
Registered
638 Posts
Nice fish!

My wife wouldn't be too happy if I took the Coors light twins fishing!

Somedays are just alot tougher than others to find keepers. Good job finding that one for your friends.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
H&H :laugh: :laugh:

Nice fish Chris looks like a good day on the water. :cheers: We only have one more trip so lets make it one to remember... back to salmon... almost! :grin:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Here's to twins!

Chris it looks like you done good boy.
I would have said,
"Gourgeous Girls Grapple Gargantuan Gator"
:wink:
How about that one!?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Zaq, I liked last weeks Hellish halibut one better, but that one is good.

Chris, Nice job getting those people into the fish!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts