IFish Fishing Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
16,777 Posts
Made a loaf Sunday to go with the big pot of Manhattan style chowder. I took some of the advice you guys gave me to reduce the density of the loaves I was getting and it worked great.......thanks.

I made a loaf using a bottle of Guinness and added some bacon and shredded cheese blend, it got rave reviews...............as did the chowder.

· Registered
16,777 Posts
Bumping this to the top for the up coming colder/wet weather...............

· Registered
8,040 Posts
Made it tonight with cheddar n garlic. Went great with soup on a wet n windy night. I really fluffed up the dry ingredients and cheese, put some of the melted butter in the dough with the beer and barely mixed it in. Came out very fluffy and light with a crispy crust, good stuff.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,040 Posts
Added a little pepper jack cheese and garlic. Topped with truffle butter. Came out really good. Paired with Korean BBQ ahi tuna, good meal.

I'm shying away from IPA beer, leaves the bitter taste in the bread. A good pilsner, heavy lager or stout are my favorites for this.

· Registered
15 Posts
Another bump for this.. I overthought it, but it still came out great... Maybe a little dense, but that may have been over mixing on my part... The dough was a little dry, and I had a hard time mixing, without over mixing. Great eating just like it is, but if I mixed in some savory ingredients, I would cut back on the sugar... But with raisins, or such, just perfect... How do you guys mix it so dry?... I poured in some of the melted butter before the beer, maybe th oil in the butter prevented the beer from mixing in easier?... Thanks guys I will be making this again... Oh, I'm a big IPA drinker, so I bought a local Brown ale ( Golden Road "Get Up Offa That Brown", that was perfect for this... I smelled like bread coming out of the can..
Butch

· Registered
16,777 Posts
Bumping this to the top for the up coming colder/wet weather...............

· Registered
8,040 Posts
A couple of big tablespoons of sour cream make it taste a lot like a good sourdough bread. Mix the sour cream and things like cheese before adding the beer. You can mostly incorporate it but still kinda fluff the dry mixture with a fork while adding any extra ingredients, then beer at the last and just barely get most of it absorbed.

Good bump Artwo, when I get home I'm making another batch next week.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts