IFish Fishing Forum banner
301 - 320 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
So... based on the fact sheet, this is still just a recommendation and no final decision has been released. Correct?
The Fact Sheets by the staff are issued by first. These contain a staff recommendation. The Action Notice as above has the decision by the DFW managers and are the official rule-decision.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My skeptical self still marvels that the fact sheet said said that exactly 1,500 was the number above Bonneville and 5,166 below.

1,500 just seems like a nice round number….and I don’t trust a nice neat number like 1,500 as being accurate in the context of the fact sheet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My skeptical self still marvels that the fact sheet said said that exactly 1,500 was the number above Bonneville and 5,166 below.

1,500 just seems like a nice round number….and I don’t trust a nice neat number like 1,500 as being accurate in the context of the fact sheet.
They could have said 1,511... Wouldn't make it any more or less fake. They work off creel/hours/effort. Hard to get an exact number. Sounds like up river fishing was pretty hot... I was sure there would be allocation left. I was wrong.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So... based on the fact sheet, this is still just a recommendation and no final decision has been released. Correct?
The states of Oregon and Washington discussed the following recreational fisheries and took the following actions:
Mainstem Columbia River Spring Chinook Recreational Fishery
• Adoptedthefollowingfishery:
Downstream of Bonneville Dam
Dates: Area:
Catch Limits:
Thursday May 12 through Sunday May 22, and Saturday June 4 through Wednesday June 15
23 days

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Super disappointed, but I saw the same thing.

Yeah, maybe its time to reevaluate the split between upper and lower rivers. There may be way more people fishing above than thought. I know once upon a time there were 100's of boats in a few miles of McNary every season, every day, on both sides of the river. Since I do think they try to make opportunity, maybe shift a few more percentages up stream. At least then they could do something like the Snake (Tue/Thur openings).

Hell maybe not open on weekends above Bonneville to slow the consumption of impacts.

Cause just like down river, were on the bench during the peak.

I don't want to screw anyone. I just wanna fish :)
If they shift allocation more will just go above the walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Here's an interesting spin....I chatted with OSP today, and was informed the current action notice does NOT include jacks! It lists adult salmonids, but leaves jack rules under permanent rules, which allow jack retention as of 5/16. The gentleman fishing next to me had retained two jacks, but was gone when the officer arrived. To have retention allowed for adults but not jacks is unheard of. I wonder if it was an oversight to not specifically list them...

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
2,922 Posts
Here's an interesting spin....I chatted with OSP today, and was informed the current action notice does NOT include jacks! It lists adult salmonids, but leaves jack rules under permanent rules, which allow jack retention as of 5/16. The gentleman fishing next to me had retained two jacks, but was gone when the officer arrived. To have retention allowed for adults but not jacks is unheard of. I wonder if it was an oversight to not specifically list them...
It’s listed in the WA update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Font Parallel Circle Document Number

5 seconds of my life I can never get back.

301 - 320 of 360 Posts