IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I "lost" reverse in my motor. Not wanting to make the trip to Willsonville to get my Suzuki worked on I gave a call to a newer shop in Salem, Marcs Mercs, and asked if he would take a look at it for me. I described my problem and he was able to diagnose the problem over the phone and said bring it in. Dropped off the boat and he had it done less than a few hours later and only charged me $30. I was impressed with his willingness to work on my motor, how quickly he fixed it and not gouging me on price (I have never had a boat mechanic touch my motor for less than $100).

I know we are all quick to point out bad service so I thought it would be nice to highlight good service. You can find him in the Salem yellow pages.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you don't mind post or send me a phone for that shop...sounds like they deserve a chance to help me out when the need arises.

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds a lot better than my experience with the H2O BOAT BARN in Portland. Brought in a motor that wouldn't shift out of foward and got it back taken apart (IN ABOUT 48 PIECES) in a box with a bill for $80.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts