IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted about an older Shimano reel I was given by a neighbor, an early 1990's version of the Citica, with 3 ball bearings. The current version has 2.

Well, I sent the reel back to Nutter Rod & Reel , in White GA. They specialize in older Shimanos, so I thought they might have the necessary parts to rebuild the reel. They didn't.

Nutter Rod & Reel sent the reel back to Shimano USA, who in turn replaced the old reel with a brand new Coriolis . I know this reel isn't the fanciest, but it lists for $80.00, a few dollars cheaper than the new version of the Citica.

Anyway, it cost me a total of $21.53 to get a replacement, so I think I'll go ask my neighbor if I can borrow $20 from him. If he says yes, he gets the reel. (just kidding, I'll ask him if he wants the reel, then hit him up for the cash.) :wink:

It is nice to know that there are companies out there willing to take care of their customers. I thought only Abu GArcia did that, but I am quite pleasanttly surprised!

Andy

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
It's good to hear the good customer service experiences. We always seem to hear about the bad situations. Glad you made out well!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree with Trick. Its great to have someone post positive customer service reports.

Thank You Dogfish. Hope you have a great day! :cheers:

SpinnerMan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts