IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some folks (like me) are constantly trying to get fish to catch a whiff of our baits/lures with the help of some scent. Others(like FM) think that scent may help a little, but "RAW" is best for them.

Let's find out what Ifish thinks !

Here are just a few of my favorites:
Tillamook Bait Shrimp oil for prawn tails or eggs for summers and chinooks
Mike's Gel scents (shrimp,herring,anise,crawdad,e tc..) for plugs,spinners and wobblers
Never tried Carrot Milk :tongue:
Mike's glo scents for adding to baits, wobblers and spinners
Lunker Lotion for plugs and spinners
Never tried Prep H on Kwikies :tongue:
WD-40 for spinners,eggs
Smelly Jelly (jars) for yarn
Liquid Smelly Jelly for brining baits
Pro-Cure Bait Oils- Marinating/injecting baits

What's in your cooler? :grin:

Chris

[ 07-07-2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, just realized I forgot the "Home Brew" or "other" option for Question #3.

If you fall into this category , post it below please.

My bad..... bummer you can't edit the poll now :whazzup:

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Great poll Chris. You should see my scent box on the boat. I actually have a scent storage locker with about 50 bottles and mixes in it. :rolleyes: The Preperation H does work, we got a few Springers on it mixed with anchovy paste :shocked: :shocked: Garlic was a killer for us last fall :smile:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mama Mia I forgot the Garlic.....thanks for reminding me Shane...oh well, that doesn't work anyway :wink:

Oh well, still can't edit the options :depressed:

Marie- Will we see a Marie's Shrimp/Anise mix coming soon ? :grin:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
David..... Given your propensity for bananas, I'm surprised you didn't want an option in the poll for banana/anise, or banana/shrimp oil, or banana/anchovie (BTW, one of my favorite sandwiches). :grin:

Tim :dance: :laugh:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Bananise :laugh: :laugh: Good one!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Smelly Jelly just sent me some new "Sand Shrimp" sticky liquid, it's a different scent than the original shrimp flavor. It doesn't really smell like real sand shrimp to me but it does have a fishy/shrimpy smell to it. None the less the fish seemed to like it any way.

I had my wife used it today while I went without. We were fishing springers with eggs but no shrimp under bobbers and she had three takedowns to my one.

My take on scents is there is no "Silver Bullet" that will make fish bite.

Some days they seem to prefer one smell over another but most the time it doesn't matter as long as your using quality bait.

I also have a theory about it's good to give the fish something that is different than what they are being given all the time. Change things up.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Chris,
You forgot egg scent also...

Interesting poll though. Might get me to pick up a few new items next trip to the store :grin: .

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
Preperation H sounds pretty wild to me, but upon further examination one of the main ingredients is shark oil. It smells like carmex.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
So........what was going through the head of the person that first used Preparation H as a scent for fishing????? Let's see, "just happened to have a little left over, might as well put it on the lure" or perhaps sitting (or maybe not sitting!) there one day reading the ingedients, "hey this has shark oil in it, maybe the salmon would like it too"....... and what's up with it smelling like carmex........does it really matter what it smells like knowing where you put that stuff???? :grin:

Sorry freespool, not meaning to pick on you, just funny thinking about it!

OK back to selling lumber for me, this comedy thing doesn't seem to be working.

Scott

[ 07-07-2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: fishingfirst ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
you wrote:

FWF1
Chromer
Member # 1352

posted 07-07-2003 11:59 AM

Mama Mia I forgot the Garlic.....thanks for reminding me Shane...oh well, that doesn't work anyway

Oh well, still can't edit the options

Chris

Marie- Will we see a Marie's Shrimp/Anise mix coming soon ?

ANSWER: I have had it all along, do you know Mark Anderson from First Cast Jigs? Well he's been using it on his jigs since last year, and you need to ask him how he has done! He will fill your ear full of good information.

I have ALL types of fish scents now. :smile: If you don't see it; I can make it, including sticky scents! Thanks for asking!

Marie

www.Tillamookbait.com
*Home of Marie's Shrimp Scents*
:dance:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Marie. Too cool that you can do sticky scents...looks like I'll be stopping in soon :smile:

Nuttin but
for Tillamook Bait Co.

If you haven't tried TBC products....you're missing out.

[ 07-08-2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Hey Chris...don't forget 'earthworm' scent. :wink: Wasn't someone talking about that a while ago?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I made some *Bloodworm Scent* You gotta try it!

Its unbelievable stuff! For sturgeon or salmon!!

Now I have TUNA SCENT for Salmon !

Marie :grin:

[ 07-10-2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Originally posted by Captain and Marie:
If you don't see it; I can make it, including sticky scents! Thanks for asking![/QB]
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

1 - 20 of 21 Posts