IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a day on the river worth posting. Went last night with my son, a friend and his son. Launched about 4 and planned to fish the outgoing tide until sunset. At four the wind was blowing upriver, the current was weak and we had to run the motor in reverse to keep the boat from blowing upstream. On top of that it started pouring rain.

My friend kept saying wait until 6:00, that'll be prime. Sure enough by 5:45 the rain stopped, the wind settled and the current picked up enough to kill the motor. We saw a boat downstream hook and land one and moments later my sons rod was bobbing. From then until dusk we had 8 takedowns, hooked 5 and landed four. All were nice 20+ lb URB's, the nicest was a good 25 lbs. All were on wobblers, but it didn't seem to matter what color or what scent if any.

A nice end to a bleak beginning, but now my son is consistently outfishing me, and he's letting me know it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the slow response. It was Longview, but it sounds like they're everywhere in the system now. Wish I had another day off to take advantage.

[ 09-09-2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: shoulda ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts