IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even Blind Squirrels

Today I fished with Zack and Lucky Luke and had a great day on the water, just depends on what you call great. Lucky Luke was our blind squirrel for the day as he bonked a nice hem about 7:30 AM. HE cheats
and puts something secret on his herring. :shrug:
His rod tip took a small dive and then a couple light pecks, a few more light Pecks and then he grabs the rod and pulls so hard I thought the fish would fly into the boat. A little anxious perhaps. :tongue: Poor guy must not have caught many fish as he all he could say is something like " I think I got a fish or mabye not, or it is a rally small one". We boated his nice 15lb hen and he was ready to head home to show Mom his bounty.
Well it went something like that but he may tell it a little different.

I also missed on a monster take down and the big fish, and I mean big moster type fish, just came unbuttoned. We guessed it to be about 35 lbs.

Anyway we had a great day and I want to say that both are really nice guys and we all shared some our of our secrets. Thanks guys it was more fun than sitting home and doing work stuff. We should try this one more time. Still your turn for a take down Zack. Just keep those hooks wet.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Re: Even Blind Squirrels

Ray, you actually had a fish on? :shrug: Were you using the mouldy herring or mouldy prawns?

Good show by your fellow ifisher. He got a fish even though he was out with captain cracker. :wink: :tongue: :grin: Congrats on the fish. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Ray,

Congrats on the fish. As for the post above. Some people catch a couple fish and then they think their poop doesn't stink, don't they. If I recall on Saturday morning, he had an awful hard time getting anyone anyone into a fish. With either moldy herring or moldy prawns. :wink:

Besides, when is a cracker not a cracker anymore?

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

As I remember it Mr. Floppy ears, your "supernatural, designated by Thumper as Illegal, eggs did nothing". :tongue: :grin: . I also remember someone cracking a handoff too. Talk about "Bozon contamination". :cheers:

As far as the other pithy comment. Keep your nose where it does'nt belong the little daddy'o. :shocked: Wiff, wiff, wiff. :laugh:

·
Registered
370 Posts

Yeah, thats exactly the way it happened alright. Tried my best to cracker that nookie. Not! Hmmm, I did have a fun day out on the Willie with you Ray, but you seem to have the symptoms of the dreaded cracker disease, not I. My fish is in the ice box. Yours, well, probably somewhere at the base of the falls with one of MY herring in its gullet I might add.
Seriously though, I did have a good time and hope to spend more time chasing fish with you Ray. You did have a sizable fish on the end of your line. The telltale pole tip in the water was proof. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to net it for you before you cr...I mean before it spit the hooks.
Thanx again Ray, for the great day. I can't wait to taste that Chinook you helped me catch. Luke

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hey,

I was able to cracker a fish using my eggs. Besides I don't think it mattered what egss were down there. I didn't start hooking up until I started using your secret sauce :wink: Now if you want me to stay tight lipped about what the sauce is, I'd reccomend backing off :grin:

As far as that hand off go's, there was no fish there when I assumed ownership of the rod. I think someone set the hook too soon.

Bozons wash off, don't they

Don't worry Ray, I'm still on your side.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dirty diaper to change. Or is that someone else stinking up the place? Cracker!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Ramstrong, no matter what or who, Once a cracker alway a cracker in C and E books. Evem he, with the help of Davey Johnson, is still the second form top cracker of cracker, of course only Bait of Eggs is above him.
C and E, Rams right, you couldn't even get one for the boat when I went with you. At lease I allow guest to catch fish before I start trying.

Luke, always welcome to come along. Your crunchy herring did the trick but didn't do anything for me today. Not a hit at all. I even added sandshrimp to the hooks and that was ignored too
Next time I will not wait for you to catch a fish before I put bait on my hooks. :wink:

Ram, is it time to change those diapers again. I am sure they have a smell them than the eggs Bernie pulled out of the bottom of his freezer.
:sick:

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

Snapshot, Were you hung up on the bottom again? Porbably one of those big rockfish. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

Snapshot, Were you hung up on the bottom again? Probably one of those big rockfish. :laugh:

·
Registered
370 Posts

Hey Zack,
I'm glad to hear you did so well up at the Olympic Peninsula. I hope to see you on the water. Thanx for the tour of the mouth of the Willie. Man, that Springer Tasted good!
What a strange bite though. It bit as if it was the size of a smolt. My rod tip moved only slighty every thirty seconds or so. It traveled with us downstream for a few minutes before I gave the rod a little jerk. Yes, snapshot, I said little. HeHe. While I reeled in line I felt very little resistance and I was sure that I had a jack on. A small one at that. About twenty feet from the boat it flashed a bit and finally started to struggle. It followed my line to the boat and drifted with us, we assume, because it had swallowed the two hooks on my herring rig as far as it could. If it fought, it mortally wounded itself. A tussle at the boat is all the fight I got. I think you owe me a hook up with a bigger fish, Ray. Let me know how fishing goes for you on Thursday. I would really enjoy hearing about any new technique's you may discover or learn while fishing the channel. Query, do you guys think I need to use larger hooks? The hooks I was using the other day seemed a bit undersized. Let me know. Luke

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

Rags, Ray is always hung on the bottom. :shocked: You should have seen all the lead he lost the night he went up with me. He should carry an EPA warning sticker everytime he fishes.

Hey Ray, hows the "ANISE" oil working for ya! :shocked: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Bernie,

Ray fished with you up there? I didn't hear any triumph posts. What's up with that? Only a few more days and then I'll be plotting my escape. Mu ha ha ha ha!

I'm not gonn knock the eggs that Bernie produced. They caught fish plain and simple. Besides, I'm so tired now I can hardly string together cognative thoughts.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

I went fishing this weekend up north in the Olympic Peninsula and managed to get a nice 20lb springer and two steelhead( one was a nice chrom early summer and one was a spawned out winter).

Thanks for the day on the water snapshot we will have to do it again some time. That was a monster takedown you had on your rod, but I am not sure about 35lbs :smile:

Nice to meet you Luke and congrats on a nice Springer, I am not sure how you jumped the gun on setting the hook since the fish had already swallowed the herring and had two hooks in its belly....nice owrk way to be patient.

Z

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

For those of you who do not know...I am Zach that Ray was referring too up above. :smile:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

Hey Ryan, the baby is crying. :grin: Now there is a realism for ya. :shocked: Feed me, change me, pay attention to me not to mention the wife and her needs. :bowdown: Escape? yeah right Ryan. How heavy is that anchor around your ankle? Short rope too? Me thinks you are stuck dude. :wink:

Hey Ryan, the FBI is hiring. With your background in intelligence you would be a good candidate. You might want to check that out. Might be better than doing another tour with the Navy.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

What rope? I've got my kitchen pass in hand. Just need to work out a few more details.

The FBI would be cool, only problem is that I don't have a 4yr degree.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts

Whoops!!!! Back to sea ya sqwab. :cheers: Dang, that FBI position would have been cool too. :depressed:

Glad you got that kitchen pass. Hopefully you will use it wisely and NOT do the BOE thingy again. :shocked: :tongue: Sorry Roy :bowdown: . Do I smell halibut Ryan????? :shrug:

Hey, you might try the peoples river if you are on a budget.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts