IFish.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, I have more pictures. Two of these fish topped Jeanne's 67 pounder. All these fish where caught by people in our group last week except the mounted 75 pounder. My friend Paul caught it a few years ago when Paul and Brett were building the shop. These are only the fish that were kept last week since you can't take a fish out of the water to snap a photo if your going to let it go. These guys let some real pigs go because they didn't meet their standards but I'd have bonked a bunch of them.

Paul's mounted 75 pounder. I'm laughing because this thing weighs about 2 pounds.

Danny's 70 pounder. This is Danny's biggest fish to date.

John's 65 pounder. I wanted a "Big Red" so bad. This is John's second year and he's landed a 47, 48 and 65.

John's 48 pounder.

Mike's 44 pounder.

Danny's 39 pounder. Danny thought this fish was bigger than mine but I knew I had him. Then came his 70 pounder and I was smoked.

My friend Darrel took this set of photos and snapped this one of some bear tracks on the bank of the Kenai. Darrel didn't keep any fish because his biggest is 61 lbs. and he's trying to beat it. If only I had that problem.

Thanks again guys for the great time. I'll get that 50 lb king someday.

Ken

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
i thought your other pictures were cool. these are even bigger. nice job and thanks for posting. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
now those are some kenei type fish..... :cheers:

·
Registered
14,693 Posts
Awesome
Looks like your in a Willie :grin:

I'm ready for my big fish safari, 8 days to go

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those are some beautiful fish. I would like to encourage anyone who catches those monsters to release them if they are uninjured, especially the largest water-marked fish (65#). If you want a nice mount be prepared to take the necessary measurements and a couple of color pictures and have a reproduction made. They really look nice. Those genes are valuable left in the river! Put the 30-40#ers in the box! Anyway, great fish. We all wish we could catch'um like those!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:dance: :dance: Wowie Zowie :dance: :dance:

No those are some epic fish :cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Kroy, it's nice to see these pictures. Brett (Brett's Guide Service) does a great job getting some big fish for his clients. I too can't break the 50 lbs barrier, but it will happen!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Man, those are all nice fish, even the baby kings that only weight 40 pounds. I'd love to catch 40 pounders. Nice job, looks like you guys had a blast up there.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gun Rod Bow,
Good eyes. That is a Willie's. All these fish were caught out of Brett's guide boat last week. The pictures were taken by my friend Darrel.

The Willie boat is the most popular guide boat on the Kenai.

I hope you get a big one in 8 days.

Ken

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The red color is a trait common in SW and Western AK. They come right out of the salt like that and are not "dark" at all, it's just a coloration.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
It's all so wonderful. The memories are there forever. Especially the memory of my wife's Kenai 54 lber on the wall I have to look at every darn day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts