Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the replys.

[ 07-12-2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: worldlyme ]

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Did you mean that you are asking for open seats?If you are asking for open seats, it implies that you want to ride with someone else.

From the rest of your message, it implies that you have open seats available. In that case, posting where you are going and the time that you will be out should help.

For instance, "I have a couple of open seats available. I'll be leaving out of ______ at ___, fishing for ____, and will be out of the water by_____. Any takers?"

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm right there with yuh worldlyme. I have posted many of times for an open seat, during the fall and winter runs, to go after some springers. I offer to pay for gas, bait, and anything else needed and the only person I had take me up was killertraylor(Joe). :shrug:
I had a good time and learned some new stuff. He on the other hand probably couldn't get off the water soon enough. :wink:
To get back to the topic, I don't know what the deal is? I hear and see pics of all these Ifishers taking each other out on the CR and meeting each other.
Maybe one of these days someone will respond to us begging. In all honesty after a while it's starts giving you a complex. But then I remeber that know one here knows me for the most part, so how can they already dislike me.

Enough whining for the night on my part.
Later Geoff

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I doubt that you have done anything wrong. Most people are afraid to take people that they do not know and the people that aren't afraid, have a waiting list a mile long.

I am sure if you keep busy on the board you will make some friends and you will find a seat somewhere. Don't give up hope.

There is no way you should take your not getting a seat personal as no one really knows you.

Just me .02 cents. Grant

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Generally most seats are filled by friends of the boat owner generally. Its generally how it goes, its too much of a risk taking someone you don't know alot of the time.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
You'll get futher watching for boat owners posting open seats. Nothing wrong with what you are doing, other than the scent of the deoderant, :wink: it's just that people with open spots tend to advertize rather than search.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
First off, if you have to ask, of course you are a bad guy! Those two words are almost redundant. :grin:

One thing you might try is if there is someone you think you might want to fish with, send him or her an email or PM. A "Hey, I've seen your posts about fishing [wherever]. If you ever have an open seat I'd be honored to get a ride."

More than one ifisher has done this with me, and whether they end up in my boat or I in theirs, or even just end up fishing near them, that is how many friendships are formed here.

There are many ifishers I owe trips to that I have yet to even meet.

I'd offer to take you tomorrow but I'm going with somebody else!

Grovel politely in private and you'll find that most people out here are really friendly!

:cheers:

[ 07-12-2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Hogmaster ]

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'd like to take other ifishers out, since I usually have an open seat or two. And I don't ask for gas/bait money. But I work on call, and my boss has a nasty habit of calling me 15 minutes after I launch. I'm used to it, but it's a drag for anybody that's with me, especially if they had to drive for an hour to meet me somewhere. :depressed:

Hey Zaq, is that you or one of the Backstreet Boys in your avatar? :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts