IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I finished up another season at Astoria fishing chinook and silvers in the Columbia estuary AND IT WAS GREAT! By far better than last year.

Another season of happy clients and lots of fish.

It was also an example of how every year can be different with the fish and one has to make adjustments during a season.

Last year it was a spinner show. We caught every fish but one on spinners. This year I started out getting half my fish on bait and half on hard wear. Then it switched to all bait and then back to half and half. The last few days we caught them all on spinners without even bringing bait on the boat.

As expected the coho really came in. We had ocean like action in the calm waters above the Astoria Bridge. You’ll see in a few of the pictures there we caught some real nice one in the mid teens.

Sad thing is all the people have gone and missed the best fishing of the season.

This is another season that gives clients many different reasons to book trips and they are all left with an exceptional experience.

Couples go with me to spend a nice time on the water…

…It’s a great way to expose families to fishing…

Corporate groups have learned that spending time on the water with clients leaves a lasting impression….

And then there’s just groups of friends that like to fish together and have a good time…

This is a very popular and short season so if you want to get in on this fishery call by February to book you date.

Next on the agenda, FALL CHINOOK. I’m pretty much booked up for this years fall chinook season. If we can’t get your in this fall let’s get you booked for our winter steelhead fishing.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
It was indeed a fun season this year, I couldn't believe the lack of crowds down there the last 2 weeks.....but the abundance of Coho, not a bad combo!

Looks like some happy clients especially the one holding that 38-pounder! That is just an impressive fish, not a scale out of place.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Secret sauce spells fish on Mr. Johnsons boat. Nice job David. Looking forward to my trips on the SS Johnson for fall Tilly-nooks.

·
Vendor
3,680 Posts
Man thats a great looking couple in that 1st pic!!:wink::laugh:Thanks for the day Dave. Its funny ...My wife takes directions better from you than me!!:laugh:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
It is not over,,it is not over, it is not over,,,,,,,because we still have our boat up there and are heading back Tues. Will fish Wed. and thrus. then home for fishing day for kids at Whiskey Creek on sat. JD

·
Registered
18,459 Posts

Dandy king there, DJ!

Team eyeFISH never came close to anything that big this year.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Looks like you had an awesome time there David! I'm looking forward to spending one of my vacation days with you for fall chinook and just maybe breaking my 40lb mark. :grin:
See you in October! :wave:

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Fantabulous job David......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice!!:cheers:
My hat is off to my long time friend, David Johnson....He was able to finally take a day off and I invited him along...Instead he says, "Why don't you bring your family down here and I'll fish them and you" We're pictured above with a boat limit~~!!!!! IT WAS HIS DAY OFF!!! What a guy

and thanks to his tips I was able to continue putting fish in our boat..Thanks Johnson:cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts