IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Elochman this a.m., probabley l0 cars there, only saw 2, bright silvers caught, water coming up, turning dark, with lots of leaves in it. Everyone left around around 10:30, didn't look to promising for tomorrow, and it was raining.
Hope this information is useful.
Good fishing.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to post that info, not that i was going over there it was just nice of you to post.

Fishalot

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
10 lb line, you shoulda been there Fri. Water was brown but the fish were biting in spurts which happened quite a bit. Sat morn was a bust, DEAD. Sun afternoon, I got down there about 3:15 and hooked 4, didn't land a darn one. Lost one right at the bank and the others were shortly longline released. Did manage to turn one chromer that came unglued before he even got stuck.
If you can, try and be there when the water is just starting to change to green but is still kinda high, :dance: .

·
Registered
419 Posts
Saturday There was quite a few bright Silvers in
the river and not very many caught. Although on
Sunday my son limited in a half hour, two nice hens.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I was there Tuesday. It was high and fast but I saw a couple fairly bright silvers hooked for the few fisherman that were fishing the high water. The fish were traveling right up tight to the bank. I headed down to the Naselle and it was flowing even higher and harder. A few guys were fishing by the hatchery but all the fish I saw were too dark for my taste.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Adiboy,
Where you the guy with the Neoprene’s on, the guy that walked by me and I told you it was really deep right there? If it was nice to see some ifishers on the river.

SS

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yep, that was me. I hooked up a couple of times in that spot last week, the slot on the far side held a couple of biters. Also the hole down below was good. Tough going with the high water though, so I hit the road back to the valley. I didn't realize there had been so much rain there. I like that cheap gas in Longview! $1.44 is a bargain compared to here. I'm gonna try to make 2 or 3 more trips up there for silvers, so maybe I'll see you again. :grin:

Cliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts