IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

· Registered
7,054 Posts
I'm all for latest greatest tech. For me, I won't switch until it's mando. I've heard from friends who use it and they like it.

· Registered
709 Posts
It’s easy and quick. No more tenting myself over a paper tag when it’s raining. No more trying to find a pen or pencil. No more digging my wallet out from under 3 layers of clothing.

For hunting, I put together tag kits. 3x5 cards cut down to fit inside plastic waterproof holders. Fill out all you can ahead of time just leaving the date and tag code to be filled in. Still have to remember a writing stick.

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Yes,use it however ODFW failed. Sometimes updates happens and logs you out. Not always able to log in where you may be fishing or hunting due to cell service. The Biggest frustration, no incentive or benefit. It knows that you killed a deer,bear,elk,etc, there is no reason for me to submit a report later. Why, why, why….oh well off my horse. Have a great day and tight lines.

· Registered
161 Posts
Yes,use it however ODFW failed. Sometimes updates happens and logs you out. Not always able to log in where you may be fishing or hunting due to cell service. The Biggest frustration, no incentive or benefit. It knows that you killed a deer,bear,elk,etc, there is no reason for me to submit a report later. Why, why, why….oh well off my horse. Have a great day and tight lines.
That just happened to me on Sunday. Forgot to log in and went fishing outside of cell service couldn't log in. An update cleared the cache so my login didn't appear. Sometimes the offline login works most of the time it doesn't.

· Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have added that I don't hunt so I'm not in extremely remote areas. My fishing is usually the dead zone Columbia, Multnomah channel, sometimes the Willamette, and lower Deschutes. I use T-mobile for now. Thanks for the advice.

· Vendor
6,576 Posts
I have been e-tagging on android for years, it works great.

There were a lot of issues with iphones initially. Many days I took video of clients trying to tag fish, (they were totally legal but the app wouldnt record their catch). I think that is all cleaned up now.

· Registered
20 Posts
I use etag and will keep using it. You do need to make sure and be logged in before going out. Several time I have gone to tag and not be logged into the app. All on fishing trips to not so remote places…

Odfw appears to have updated the app for this year btw. Maybe it will be better at offline use.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts