IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using eggs for the first time the last couple of times out. My drift boat now shows it. Egg slop all over the place. I've tried to keep the egg cutting and looping clean inside the boat but by the end of a drift my bad habbits show, I'm sure to fatique. Does anyone have a clue how to clean through the dried streeks? I've tried hot water and murphys wood soap but the goo is still visable. The boat is a wood drifter so I can't scrub to hard or I'll scratch the boat. I'm thinking of banning eggs in the boat unless I can operate a smoother/cleaner rigging of eggs. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Ask Scott Amerman. He has the 15ft pink sled usually found in tidewater. Rumor has it that it used to be blue...

Sorry, if you want to keep your boat clean you need to ban bait in it.

"A clean boat catches few fish." Ancient Amerman proverb

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see it's going to be like hitting the cutoff man from left field. I need to make the perfect toss. Well, I guess thats why I made/ make so many of those throws. Just to get ready for later in life-tossing eggs. I can always sand the boat and revarnish. Gotta do it anyway.
"Don't cross the river if you cant' swim the tide". America

·
Registered
393 Posts
cully
Is it egg goo or just stain from the eggs that you can't remove? The hot water treatment should remove the thick goo but for stain...I don't know! My white anchor rope is now pink in areas from a combination of blood and Amermans egg cure :smile: from this past Fall. Need to move that anchor rope when not in use :rolleyes: . Generally, I don't care what the rope or side of the boat looks like until I can't stand it anymore. Maybe try Simple Green. I usually take a light kitchen foam scouring pad with warm water to egg goo. But that is with fiberglass.
Maybe you could call Don Hill boats and find out what they recommend.
Also, try laying a towel down under your egg tub and keep your eggs drier by draining them in a separate tub before using them.
Good Luck! Don Hill Boats

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Pressure wash it. I have to do this alot, tobacco stains, egg goo and god knows what.

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
what's "snew"?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ampersat, snew is the same as gluck.

[ 05-14-2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: cully ]

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
>>>if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen<<<

Just noticed your tag line, maybe you should rewrite it to say "If you can't stand the snew, get out of the boat!!!"

just funnin' ya....... :tongue: :grin:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I have pink pants, pink rain gear, pink seat cover, pink drift boat, pink sled, I have found that after time you will get used to it. lol

Keep using bait and just enjoy the pinks and reds that surround you.

Good luck on the river

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mad mikey, this ones for you :smile: and it now reads:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Cully,

>>>If you can't stand the snew then get out of the boat<<<

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At first I thought this post was supposed to be a joke. Initial poster waiting for someone to say "What's Snew"???

with a response: "Not much, What's snew wif' you???"

Funny, on Tuesday Ifishsum and myself were on the Clack and we nailed a HUGE ********* on a bait diver.
Whilst removing the hook I squoze it a little too hard and it spooted out a horrible substance all over me and the boat. Got a good laugh but yikes! What a mess!!! :shocked:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts