IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the ongoing saga to identify all the weird stuff we find in fish, i bring you white eggs.

that's what they look like and i found them embedded in the flesh of a springer i fileted yesterday. they seemed to be right around the spinal area toward the tail and squirted clear liquid (right in my face) as i cut them with my filet knife.

it lessened my enjoyment of the fish a little once it was cooked. i was able to pick them out and quarantine them to a corner of the plate but it still weirded me out a bit.

[ 06-02-2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: ampersat ]

·
Registered
491 Posts
that's a great question,amp.i have never seen them in fish in past years,but three fish that i have killed this year had those white nodules in the flesh.i kind of cut those out of the flesh as i filleted as best i could but i may have cut some in the process.hope they are not some sort of fish tumors or something nasty. :shocked: anybody?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sure the fish wasn't a HE, and you forgot to remove the milt ?? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh:

Congrats on the fish Doug !!!!!!!!

Did this fish find the bottom of the Ugly Eastsider??

Let's hook up and walk the upper Sandy sometime soon.

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Egads! Gack, yack, ugh....sorry I just blew chunks...gross man, that fish would of ended up as neighborhood cat food. :shocked:
:shocked:

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
other than the "flavor pustules", the filets looked great. one upside of wearing glasses is that you go through life with safety goggles on.

the nodules were very tough. it took quite a lot of pressure between my fingers to pop one.

someone please tell i'm not going to die from this. i gag a little each time i think about it.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey sureset, thanks for the info. that sounds about right. i'm glad they were only the size of salmon eggs and not larger. "safe" when cooked or not, i'm digging those things out of every last bite. blech!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts