IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone feel the earthquake shortly after noon , KOIN.com said it was 3.9 and center at Kelly Point :shrug:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I was watching the tube at the time, 12:30PM in Aloha. Thought I felt a big truck rumble by, looked up and saw a plant on top of the TV wobble. I took note of the time and kicked back until the news came on. Yup, earthquake.
The biggest one I've felt was the Spring Break quake back in, oh, 92' or 93', can't remember but it was very interesting. I was working at a grocery store and about 5AM I thought I heard a truck ram into the back dock. The aisle I was on began shaking and all the freezer doors were opening and closing and we heard product falling off the shelves all around the store. A big mess to clean up.
My equilibrium was shot for the rest of the day, felt like I just got off a charter boat on the ocean.
I worked in AK for a season in 96' and earthquakes were very common, got used to them. One night we had a good one, probably 5.0 or better. Eight of us in the guides den. The floors started shaking and the bunks shimmied acrost the floor. One veteran spoke up, "earthquake!", we all yawned and went back to sleep.
We had small ones constantly, felt like a train rumbling by and sometimes lasted for many minutes.
I hope all we get are these little ones, knock on wood..... :shocked:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts