IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who plans on hunting the early goose? I am going to go out a couple days but i dont now were the geese are:passout:. Well good luck to all.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We opened on the 1st in SW washington. The birds knew it too! They are all sitting on the Willapa refuge. More areas open tomorrow so i am gonna be out in the a.m.

·
Registered
23,883 Posts
i wish i had my 15 days in december back, you guys are taking for your early goose season

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if any one wants a hunting partner for next week i would love to have some company. If interested please PM me.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
September Canada Goose Season (Northwest Oregon) Sep. 8-Sep. 16 5 Canada Geese 10 Canada Geese Open Area: All of Clatsop, Columbia, Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Tillamook, Yamhill, Marion, Polk, Benton, Lincoln, Linn and Lane Cos. Closed Areas: Ankeny, William Finley, Tualatin Rvr, Wapato Lk and Baskett Slough NWRs and Fort Stevens and​

This did.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
just spoke with some friends,,"there calling me to rub it in, im working today",, there on a river,, 4 full bags,, done by 10am,,

hittn it in the a.m.,, hope all did well today,, good luck,,

rw

·
Registered
23,883 Posts
in effect the feds set the number of days for migratory birds, the state sets the days on the calender. so when the state started the early goose season they took days out of the winter hunt, to get them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This year it was a comedy of errors, one of those days when everything that could go wrong did (well the boat didnt sink so not everything).

I woke up late, got to Fern Ridge, start running out and the temp alarm goes off on my outboard. I stop and lean over to clean the weeds and crap out of the way that was blocking the water intake and I drop the tranceiver for the dog collar overboard. I get it cleaned out and start running out and of course the spot I was going to go to is taken, so is the second. So we set up on the west side of Gibson Island and watch all the geese get busted up on the other side and then fly sky high over us. Never even pulled the trigger.

But hey, its better than TV anyday!

oh and does anyone know if there is a electronic collar with a floating tranceiver?

RJ

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
i will be out on the island tomorrow morning hoping to pass shoot some big slow ones, green chevy
They are anything but slow, and will appear much lower than they are due to their size. Remember that when you get ready to shoot. There is no reason to take a "maybe" shot. You'll just end up sealing a long drawn out fate for a perfect goose specimen

·
Registered
23,883 Posts
look at the split season on the east side for summer lake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts