IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Awefull late for Clack/Eagle creek coho.
They are basically a September to mid October strain.
Can't imagine finding anything of any quality this time of year and trying to get them to bite is another story.

If you want quality coho you need to go to SW Washington and fish the late strain coho or some of the wild coho fisheries that are open in Washington or the Tahkenitch/Siltcoos wild coho fishery if it opens sometime after Nov. 7th.

Dan

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I do know that there are a few running up the clack towards fish cr but those are natives,they run through mid december.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I was just below the eagle creek hatchery on thursday and friday, and I noticed that the coho that were in the creek on thursday really got excited. It seems a tree fell across a powerline dropping it into the creek. This caused quite a stir as the fish that were there on thursday were long gone on friday. :smile:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I caught one old nasty coho there....Last year I caught tons but not much of a run this year... I guess :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts