IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the day Saturday on Eagle creek. Hit it hard to no avail. I saw one chrome bright fish taken in the morning and spotted a few throughout the day. I think the water is a little on the chilly side, 39-40 degrees, making the fish rather lethargic. I went clear up to the hatchery. They only had about 20 in the trap.
The Clack however is a different story. :grin: Yesterday eve I decided to stop at one of my favorite places just to see what I could see. About my 4th or 5th cast WHAMO!! FISHON!!! :dance: He was small but feisty. Didn't get any pics (didn't really plan on fishing) I was on my way to Olympia and just couldn't help but drown a hook for 1/2 hour or so.
The water on the Clack was fairly clear. I was using 3/8oz lead(started out very light and ended up @ 3/8 just to tap bottom), red yarn, orange corkie. Short leader, 18-24" 12# max green. I'll probably hit the Cowlitz on my way home tomorrow.

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Good job Julie. I went to the boat show instead of trying any of the ramps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.