IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing one of these unit's for my boat. It has the same stats as a Lowrance X-88DF and a Garmin 240 Blue, but with better resolution.

Anyone have any experience - good or bad - with Eagle products?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
the only experience I have had with Eagle is a portable fish finder unit I currently use in my drift boat. This unit is about 7 years old and has been dropped, banged, kicked, splashed and generally "used and abused". It has performed flawlessly. I lost the transducer/suction cup mount on a fishing trip once and I contacted Eagle and they sent me another one for free. I don't know how the model you are asking about compares to the Lowrance, but I have been very happy with my Eagle fish finder in general.

RF

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have an Eagle FishEasy 2 and buddy has an Eagle 320(don't know any letters after it) and we both like them. Of course we are both new to fish finders. They are very easy to use and have excellent graphics. Mine is 240 pixles and the 320 is 320 pixels. I have another friend that has a Garmin 240 Blue something. The Garmin is only 128 pixels and his fastest scoll speed is about the same speed of the slowest speed on the Eagle. On both Eagles the menus are easy to work through. The 320 has some extra buttons for convienence that mine doesn't. Hope this helps

·
Administrator
41,347 Posts
Which Eagle 320 do you mean? There's an Eagle SeaCharter 320DF, which had GPS and dual frequency sonar, an Eagle SeaFinder 320DF which is just dual frequency sonar, and Eagle FishElite 320 and an Eagle FishMark 320.

If you feel like playing with it before you buy it, you can download emulator programs for most Eagle electronics HERE.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I just bought the combo Seacharter 320DF w/GPS and it works awsome. Fairly simple to install and if you already have some knowledge of the gps it's a very friendly unit to use. I can take numbers from anywhere, punch them in seconds and be on my way. I was impressed with the sonar also, cruising at 20 mph on the way home from halibut fishing it tracked the bottom even at 700 feet. I would highly recommend one.

tc

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pete,

I'm looking at the SeaFinder 320DF. I recently bought a hand-held GPS for the boat already. I like the dual units like the SeaCharter, but my son wants to start hunting so I figured the hand-held would be a smarter buy.

I downloaded and played with the emulators from both Lowrance and Eagle. Hard to get a good assessment from just the emulator, though, like how they hold up to normal use, etc.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Harley, the Eagle is a fine unit. It's a lower grade version of the Lowrance. Kind of like Mercury and Force motors. I have a Lowrance LMS350 that is absolutely excellent. I also have an Eagle unit that is nearly the same but cheaper that I use on the bow of my boat for bass/walleye fishing. It catches hell with my feet, anchor ropes/chains, tackle, water, dirt and still works excellent. Just doesn't have the pixels the Lowrance has. I doubt you can go wrong with either one. Just take the time to learn to use it and turn the "auto" off and go to manual. Then you can start to enjoy your toy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts