IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have 2 days off unexpectedly on the 15th and 16th of April and I am going to take my daughter on an adventure. We do a lot of camping so thats nothing new, and we both like to fish. I am looking for recommendations on some neat places to fish in eastern oregon or SE oregon. We need to be back on sunday night but thats four days of fishing, camping and potentially turkey hunting (lesser goal for the trip). I dont usually fish for trout this early in EO so my normal places are still snowed in.

would the Oyhee fish well during this time of year? How about the upper John Day or yellowjacket? what are peoples recommendations, no part of oregon is too far.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yellowjacket might still be snowed in. Ive caught smallmouth by Rome about this time of year. Wasn't stellar but they did bite.
I'd consider Krumbo Reservoir. They dump in healthy numbers and there are some nice carryover fish in there.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Watch out for gumbo mud this time of year. I've seen more than one capable 4x4 stuck up to it's axles on flat ground in that muck.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Warm springs should have trout, it’s held water a few years now. I’ve heard some great stories of Mann lake, no idea the water conditions.

-Scott

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
It seems awfully dry around here. Been some places this spring that I have not been able to get to in years past. Good/dry conditions out where I have been. Could be a good spring to explore without the mud

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome, thanks everyone! My daughter is super excited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts