IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! What a great game to watch on a gloomy afternoon! :smile:

The Ducks pulled it out in overtime in a back and forth nail-biter! :wave:
You've got to give the coaching staff a lot of credit for using the quarterback platoon system. Dixon and Leaf both made some big plays, but when the offense started to get stale, a switch usually picked things up again. The defense played great during crunch time, and contributed with some big turnovers! :dance:

With only one loss the Ducks have to go to Pullman next week to face the Cougars who are better than their record.
Should be a great game! :dance:

· Registered
4,953 Posts
Thats was a great game....and they pulled in the WIN :applause: :applause: Now lets see if the Beavers can do the same at Husky Stadium.....They are up by 6 at the half :applause: :applause: The Beavs do have a spanking :smash: comming soon at the civil war.....GO DUCKS !! :cheers:

· Registered
5,148 Posts
WOW that was such a fun and exciting game to be at!!! :dance: :cheers: :dance:

Congrats to the Ducks in a very gutty win!!! :applause: :applause:

Congrats also to the Autzen fans. When the game was on the line the Autzen fans cranked up the volume, and made Autzen the loudest I have ever heard!!! :applause: :cheers: :applause:

Next up, is our trip to the Palouse, and a game against a very good WSU Cougar team. It will be a late night game, and on TV, but we will be there cheering for our Ducks!!! :applause: :applause:

· Registered
10,870 Posts
That was an awesome game :dance: :dance: Congrats to the Ducks on an OT nail biter!! :applause:

An overall great team effort today!! :cheers:

-jokester

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Congrats to the Ducks on a huge win over Cal. :cheers: :cheers:

Additionally, thanks to those who had kind words to say about my cougar team. We just can't catch a break this season. Things go so well, then things go terribly bad. Oh well. There's always next year.

I'll see the ducks in Pullman.

GO WAZZU!!!!

· Registered
5,148 Posts
I know the Ducks toughest game that remains will be against the Cougs. They are a really good team, but just can't seem to get any breaks. They have been ahead of some really good teams, only to fall short. This is the game that scares me the most. It should be a great game, with two good teams battling under the lights in the Palouse, I can't wait!!! :applause: :applause:

Mr Carp,
I am looking forward to meeting you in the Field House!! :cheers:

· Registered
2,790 Posts
They are a really good team,
No they aren't. Let's be honest. The Ducks are pretty good this year, and the rest of the NW teams are junk.

The Ducks played a good game yesterday. The other three played garbage ball.

I'm calling it the 'Crapple Cup' this year. :yay:

· Banned
19,821 Posts
I know the Ducks toughest game that remains will be against the Cougs. They are a really good team, but just can't seem to get any breaks.

Ya I know what you mean. The whole season seemed to go up in smoke during that Beaver game. The far superior Cougs ran all over the Beavs in the first half, then seemed to lose interest because the Beavs were so inferior.
The problem is they never reaquired their motivation, cus they sucked the rest of this year. Wow those Beavs really put the wammy on the Cougs, maybe if the Beavs had played better in the first half the Cougs would be bowl bound.

sh

· Registered
281 Posts
They are a really good team,
No they aren't. Let's be honest. The Ducks are pretty good this year, and the rest of the NW teams are junk.

The Ducks played a good game yesterday. The other three played garbage ball.

I'm calling it the 'Crapple Cup' this year. :yay:
Wow it sounds like someones a little jellous.
The Ducks are better than good and their D is Awesome, they came up huge in OT.
Ya blame the Beavs fot how bad the Cougs are playing.

· Registered
435 Posts
I'm a Duck but I don't understand how you guys can trash the Beavers so badly. They have a butter-fingered, sometimes brain-dead QB and other than Riley's refusal to do something about it that is their only weak link.

And in defense of the 2-QB deal for the Ducks, it worked before and it'll work again. I remember the game where Clemens got the starting position, he took it from co-QB Fife when he was put in at a critical time and succeeded, and Fife had choked. Its all about performance under pressure and the Duck coaches are right on track. I wish Riley could see that.

I'll be at the civil war this year :dance:, the first time I've been in a stadium in 20 years. I think THAT will be the toughest game for the Ducks, not the Cougars. The
Beavers just won a game under the worst conditions in recent history and Moore didn't turn the ball over. That in itself is cause for alarm for anyone thinking they're an easy win. Any way you look at it its still an uphill battle for my Ducks, three more times. And I'll be watching. :cheers:

Kevin

· Registered
5,148 Posts
Wade,

Don't get me wrong about the Beavs. I was rooting for the Beavs yesterday, and was really disappointed to see them not blow out the Huskies. I know the weather was a factor, but no TD's, that really stinks. It will be a big Civil War game for sure, espeially for the Beavs. They may need that game to be Bowl eligible. I'm not sure who will win in Corvallis next week. Stanford has really improved since we beat them Oct. 1st. I hope they pull off the win next week, it will only make it a bigger Civil War game. :applause:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.