IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just got home from the gun club. Those Walker's in the ear worked great. A+. Just like wearing foam plugs but you can still talk to people clearly. There was a little breeze and had some wind noise but not bad. Adjust the mic gain in the app if necessary. Level 10 worked for me.

Battery life is solid. After 5 hours of conference calls and a hour at the gun club I'm at 60% battery. Very comfortable to wear.

Oh and my 10 year old broke 15 out of 25 from the low house. Station 7?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Audiologist and ENT say "I have moderate to severe loss in left ear." They ask if I have been "exposed to loud noises," and I say "yes, but just shot gunning and I'm right handed." They say "it makes perfect sense." Counterintuitive, but it's the "off side ear" that suffers the most damage. They explain, and it still doesn't make sense.
Young guns, this is serious...unless you want constant ringing in your ears in your 60's. Wear ear protection...even if it doesn't bother you now, it will later.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got the tetras last year to wear primarily duck hunting with upland being secondary. I put a suppressor on my long gun so less need for big game.

I found them to be worth the money because I actually wear them consistently. Things like wind, jacket rustling, etc. weren’t an issue and I could still hear people talking, calling, etc.

You can’t get your hearing back so best protect it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
I just purchased a set of the pro-ears stealth elite and hoping they get here before the season to replace a set of walkers muffs. Seem promising for a non-custom in ear solution. I like that the bluetooth portion is optional and powered separately. I dont need bluetooth audio or calls in the blind and all that does is drain battery quicker. They take hearing aid batteries vs. rechargable which I find a plus. Cant charge the battery in the field, but you can pop a new one in. Also those rechargeable ones WILL lose capacity over time, its just a matter if that catches up before the device just craps out first.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just got home from the gun club. Those Walker's in the ear worked great. A+. Just like wearing foam plugs but you can still talk to people clearly. There was a little breeze and had some wind noise but not bad. Adjust the mic gain in the app if necessary. Level 10 worked for me.

Battery life is solid. After 5 hours of conference calls and a hour at the gun club I'm at 60% battery. Very comfortable to wear.

Oh and my 10 year old broke 15 out of 25 from the low house. Station 7?

Have you tried wearing these along with a lanyard of calls? Just curious if they interfere with each other.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Not yet. Probably put the lanyard on first. Then the Walkers.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Had a great hunt with the Tetra Alpha-Shields last weekend at the eastside opener.

Five stars for sound quality, minimal interference, good seal on the ear, shield/cut off from the blasts and blasting duck calls. Burned more shells than I would have liked to, but ear protection was solid.

Five stars for ease of use, natural feeling (no bulky muffs, no wires hanging around your neck), clean mount and shooting.

Three stars for set up, in that you do have to manually insert each battery, delicate operation, bring plenty of extra batteries just in case you drop one in the drink.

So far so great.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts