IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have gone to a prop instead of a jet pump, I am planning on using my driftboat on the NF Lewis. Does anyone know of a shuttle service on the river?

Also, which section would be my best bet for Summer Steelhead, Cedar Creek to the Island Drift take-out or Golf Course put-in to Woodland?

My past experience is from the Island Drift up to Cedar Creek in my sled.

Thanks for the info.

Rusty

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Rusty, I DB the north Lewis all the time in the summer.. Especially when the water gets low. I wish it ran 1200 year around. The tackle shop there in town runs a shuttle service but not a great one. They won't drive your vehicle. They will meet you at the ramp follow you downstream after you launch then give you a ride back up. As far as I know they are the only game in town.
I have never below Island butCedar creek down s a good float.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Some good water below the island, but plan on quite a bit of rowing if you go to Woodland. Some pretty long,slow water.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Rusty,
The drift from the Hatchery to the island is probably the most productive stretch of that river. I know fish are caught below the island and also above the hatchery but the majority come out of that middle stretch. That drift in the summer can get pretty slim. I've done it on the 4th of July and had to pick my way through the low water.

If you are looking to drift with anyone, look me up.

Steve :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts