IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old, painted Baker trailer has given up the ghost. The side marker lights have fallen off because the holes where they were rivetted into the frame have rusted away. The lights don't work anymore. The "Y" yoke split a few years ago and I had it braced and welded. Yesterday, the struts holding the fend to the side rail broke off. This pig is done. All around, it was a bad trailer day. A guy in front of me, with his brand new Clackacraft lost a wheel on a one lane road, blocking it for an hour. It looked like the hub just rolled off the spindle! Oops. Can you spell w a r r a n t e e ?

So, what trailer do you have? What do you like about it? I need a new trailer!

New trailer will be galvanized, but beyond that, I'm shopping. Leaf springs or torsion arm? Roller at the rear or not? Box girders, I beam or C beam? Articulated? Good price? Tell me about what you've got!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My old Willie trailer broke this last steelhead season. The tongue broke off and my boat ended up on the groud. :shocked: I just bought a brand new rogue trailer for my Willie and it's an awesome trailer. Galvanized is definately the way to go. I've seen a baker trailer that has a tilting tongue so you don't have to un-hitch while you are washing your boat and I thought that was cool. When I owned a Clacka a while back I had the same thing happen to me, the hub broke and the wheel came off coming back from drano. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
616 Posts
Pete,

Go to Steven's Marine in Tigard and buy the Rogue Galvanized D/B Trailer.
Rogue trailers are built buy Alumaweld and are built to be functional.

They are simple, strong and dependable.

CAE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts