IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broken roller on my old Alumaweld trailer. I know a few ifish members a few months ago said they could fix it. I still haven't fixed it and would like to hire someone with the tools and know how. Anyone willing to meet and fix it for me?

·
Registered
186 Posts
John, it would help if you described the problem a bit more in detail. Did the roller side mounts break off, or the pins fall out, or what? If you can see the problem, and pick up the parts, Midas Muffler or almost any muffler shop can do quick welds for you for cheap. I had problems with my driftboat roller falling off all the time, so I slide a piece of pvc pipe over it and fix mounted the roller. The pvc rolls to launch the boat, and I've never had another problem (there). Might work for you?. Billy

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea Billy. I think I'll try the PVC. Good idea.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
rags,

I have the rollers that you could put on and get the parts to weld on your trailer. Not that hard to do if you can find a welder.

You would need to get some tail pipe from a muffler shop and some electrical conduit.

I can give you all the directions on how to do.

I did your buddies Tommies trailer and he loves it.

I also can send you a picture of them if I can find it. I posted it a year or two ago on Ifish.

You might do a search and find it.

fop

·
Registered
172 Posts
Rags,
If you need a good Aluminum welder (or any metal for that matter) give Dan Kirsch a call. He is the owner of D.K. Fab in Woodburn. The kid is darn good, he has built some of the prettiest Alum. truck racks I have ever seen. He is an artist with a welder. Give him a yell he is pretty reasonable on the wallet also.

I don't think it is proper etiquette to give you his number online but if you are interested send me a PM.

FOD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts