IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dream boat dreamin\'

I was getting my drift boat ready for the Deschutes trout season yesterday thinking about all the places I've drifted with her ... and all the places she didn't belong. I started wondering about what the perfect fleet of boats would be to cover all the fishing I like to do. Early on I put a kicker on the drift boat to expand her range. That put me onto the Willamette, the Columbia and the bays, but clearly she was beyond her range and realization formed the yearning that became my sled. The sled opened up even more water to me, but again, I've found there are limits to the sled's capabilities. So, just in dreams, I started wondering what my next boat would be. So here's the game: If money were no object and without focusing on manufacturer, what would the next boat be? Should it be trailerable? How much maintenance time do I want to commit, since maintenance isn't fishing? How big a cabin? What's the next step in complementing the fleet?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Re: Dream boat dreamin\'

money no object? This is a dream,,,,,,,,,,Sea Sport 24'-26' Volvo-Penta outdrive,,,,dry and warm, lots of deck space, twin helms, really one of the finest tupperware boats in the creek. but they are very pricey. I heard if you order one specced out, they invite you up to the factory and spend time with you on the water explaining operation and use of all the equipment. Kind of a hands on thing,,,,,,,, At this time in my life, tho, I think I'll just keep improving what I already own,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
13,978 Posts

16-17 Clackacraft Tunnel hull. My extras as specified.

20' Motion Marine SJ(right back atchya Boater! :wink: ) My extras.

What Slugranch said.

Raft.

Pontoon Boats.

Someone to help get all this stuff ready to fish.

Mark and the Rich N Tone dog.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts

Nice slugranch. That would have to be my favorite as well. I would rather have twin 250hp saltwater series yamahas on it instead of an inboard though.

·
Registered
837 Posts

How about
16' Willie wide bottom
6 hp kicker (2 stroke Yamaha)

20' Jetsled, 150 Merc, with 8 Merc kicker

24' Bayliner, closed cabin, 350 Merc I/O
15 hp Honda kicker

12' Steelheader cataraft

And my wife says, one more boat and I will only have have half as many (as this is a community property state). Now I need to retire so that I have time to use them.

[ 05-26-2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: captn ]

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

I agree with Slugranch. I would go with the 24 foot Sea Sport for the ocean, big rivers and bays. This would be a tough way to fish sturgeon in the winter though. :grin:

I then would have a 20 foot Super Vee or a Preditor for fishing white water rivers.

I would keep my Willie drift boat for the smaller coastal rivers.

As soon as I win the lottery this is what I will do. :smile:

[ 05-26-2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Stz ll ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

Pete,

We've been down this river before...but always fun.

There can be only one.

Hinckley Jet Boats

I'd go for the T29R for a base. 29', 18" draft, turbo-Diesel jetdrive, JetStick steering (ever see a boat go sideways into a slip?). Some mods for NW (you got the pearls, these boys have the swine as far as customizing goes). Mostly open bow for anchoring plus some JetStick mods to do the trolling.

Brion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts