IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got some states giving us some results already..

AZ, MT, NM..

I'm going back to New Mexico for archery elk, nothing else.

(Oregon is still pending fyi)

Anyone else get lucky yet?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Didn't apply for anything out of state...still trying to figure out where to go for buck deer lol. Fingers crossed on Antelope...as usual.

Don't hate, but I have about 6 PP for a doe tag...Thinking I might cash that in...Know anywhere that is overpopulated and needs thinning? lol. Been a long time since I have harvested a deer.

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
No antelope in NM?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Went 4 for 6 on the Idaho wild ride for archery elk tags this year. Drew MT combo with the wife for elk/deer. Still waiting on UT but don't expect anything. PP for Wyoming and Colorado.

I do expect to draw an Oregon sheep tag this year though.....gotta think positive thoughts after 30 years of "not successful" showing up on that screen.🙏

tc

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I drew the multiseason deer in WA. I like that hunt to check out new areas but I seldom do well with it.
Nothing in MT. I started working out there so it was going to be easier to get in some scouting and take up some of the travel expenses. I guess I can still scout for future seasons.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The boy drew a late November NM mule deer tag that we'll couple-up with his December oryx tag also. Will be a fun road trip.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The boy drew a late November NM mule deer tag that we'll couple-up with his December oryx tag also. Will be a fun road trip.
Congrats on the oryx tag!! It will be a hunt you guys will never forget. It is by far the best tasting meat I have ever had. Is it on WSMR? If so what unit?

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
Don't hate, but I have about 6 PP for a doe tag...Thinking I might cash that in...Know anywhere that is overpopulated and needs thinning? lol. Been a long time since I have harvested a deer.
Tioga? (my ranch)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Bought deer and elk tags for Idaho already. AZ said no, and I did points for CO. I will apply in NV for everything I can.

I will draw elk in Oregon with the family, and help my dad on his Antelope tag. Hopefully archery Mule Deer in Oregon also.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Congrats on the oryx tag!! It will be a hunt you guys will never forget. It is by far the best tasting meat I have ever had. Is it on WSMR? If so what unit?
Thanks much! It's an off-base tag, but my friend has had it before (last year in fact) plus he's within an hour of an area where he regularly sees them. He's told me they're the best tasting critters he's ever eaten of the N. American game.

·
Registered
300 Posts
sounds like some of you have a good year lined up ! congrats !
a group of buddies and I drew Mt deer combo's , excited for that . I drew a New Mexico archery elk tag for 6B ! pumped to have this once in a lifetime opertunity !
put my name in for UT,CO,NV,WA,OR,AZ and going with points only in WY !
May the luck of the draw be in your favor !

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Well, I jumped in the pool (no pun intended). Got my license and applied (zero points across the board) for Fort Rock deer, Mt. Emily trophy bull, antelope, and Bighorn sheep.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts