IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished drano the last 3 for sure maybe 4 weekends this year and have not encountered what I did today and the crowds were not even that bad.... everyone kept bottlenecking at the bridge and will call it as I see it--- three guide boats would motor into everyone and than when they get to the bridge they just kinda sit there, I saw no private boats doing that, shoot at one point I could have walked across at least seven boats because of it and to a point where I loudly said "someone has to move", yes I know its the drano thing but plugs don`t work to good if ya don`t move! and is that not what 99% are doing? is pulling plugs? Not much better with some weight on either. and whats with some just doing little circles in there? is that not like "sitting" on a hole that I know most here will not do. life would be sooo much better if all went the same troll speed or at least try to instead of just barging on in there and then just sitting at the bridge yes I know it`s just the drano thang, aaaahh gotta love it! Thanks for letting me spew a little I feel better now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am sure when the presure builds, there will be some willing soul to take the time to share their knowledge. I just have a feeling. :grin:
It didn't take me no time to get yelled at, as a matter of fact it wasn't even day light yet and the guys on the bank where yelling at me.

tip

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
dampainter,

Yes I saw this too, what gives, their lines were vertical!! Very frustrating, we made a few passes by the bridge then just stuck with the main lake. No fish for us, we spent the morning at Wind then from 11:00 on at Drano.

How did you do besides that? What boat were you in?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whatever they are using, they should not be choking up that area nor anyone else, same goes for the tight circlers....too many people for that ...what if we all did that? I was in a white 14` foot deep vee with a "no bananas" sticker on the back. ( how bout you andycoho? whats your ride? I also did the wind till 9:30 than off to drano) no feeesh today, got my limit on the wind wednesday...brag....brag, what a difference from today! I didn`t see hardly any feeeesh at the wind nor drano today. hey fear no fish :bowdown: thanks again.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I was in the "Banana Boat" I was driving my friends 17' Grey and Blue North river with 2 older gent up front.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
possible chromebright, not from what I saw and we were/are pretty closeknit bunch :rolleyes: but...do you imply that if they were catching fish that these "actions" are ok? whatever it takes to get that fish :rolleyes: I know...and am sure it will just get worse.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
dampainter,

I am not implying that it is ok in this situation, but if you have fished Drano much in the past you would know that here in a couple of weeks stationary bait fishing will be far more effective and the method of choice by those who are catching most of the fish. There is a reason the guides were trying it. I don't agree with clogging up a trolling zone. I was simply trying to find out if the bait bite was on yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have always had an understanding fishing the wind or drano, well all the way up to the JohnDay, there's gonna be someone that has to go against the grain. Always. They don't appear to be dumber than me, but I still think it!
If it was too easy, it wouldn't be as fun. Good luck- :cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I too was witness to this unbridled display of rudeness; the primary culprits being the three previously mentioned guide boats. These particular people seem to have some entitlement issues. Clearly, they have as much right to be there as anyone, but, not more.

For my benefit and the benefit of others as well, could someone post a brief description of how to fish the standard wiggle wart with a drop sinker so that you can fish tighter to the boat. I have seen it done but do not know the details. Perhaps this would also help considering not everyone is fishing herring or prawn rigs.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Take pictures and post them. This is the only way to let everyone know who these fish hogs are.
Guides or not. You are assuming these guys have a conscience. They don't. They are in it for themselves only. They could care less what you think or if you catch fish or not. Post pictures of violators so everyone can see who they are.
Thanks too, for letting me rant and rave. :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
It sure is interesting to see a perspective of boaters on other boaters. As someone who usually bank fishes (I was at Drano last weekend and got one nice springer.), it is normal to have to put up with boats who come in too close. Some guys just don't seem to be able to give the bankers the room they need.

Many years ago, I fished Drano with my boat. Seemed like that was even more of a hassle. The only time I really miss my boat is when Lake Washington opens for sockeye.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts