IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Bob (Rapid Robert) being on vacation, can anyone else divulge some Drano information. We're thinking of heading there this weekend, but I was looking for some fresh news. Thanks, snit

·
Ray S.
921 Posts
Best time sun-up til around 11am.
Best bait sand shrimp.
Best area up in the cove east side.
Trollers looked to be doing ok on green and silver spinners. [thurs. report]
good luck
Ray

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are alot of fish guys, just go, probably biting better in the cove, I was just down there.
I didnt do to well at first, but after a couple hours of getting embarrassed by all the fish caught all around me, I asked what they are doing and its a little different, I had the right bait just the wrong rig. If you need more info e-mail me. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again guys! I'll post a report when we get back. Ifish4U, I sent you an email too!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well I was wondering why I wasnt receiving you e-mails, until my wife was checking our e-mail and she deleted on of them, sorry she thought they were junkmail from Drano, you know the liquid plumber. Ill e-mail you all now, sorry. I kinda chuckled though she thought she was in trouble, lol. Of course I made it a big deal even though it wasnt, I know Im mean.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well....we needed blue-blue fox spinners. Most places were sold out, but we paid "mountain prices" for some and they did work. Sat was Ok, but Sunday was excellent.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
SNIT, what color?...blue with silver blade? what size? trolling? casting? bank or boat?? :grin: ....thanks. IFISH4U, still waiting for your email.

[ 08-18-2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: dampainter ]

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes....we were using blue w/ silver blades. #5's trolled on the 'riggers. Depth didn't seem to matter.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
whats the protocol for anchoring with a million others there? just pull up to a spot and anchor? how far from the next guy? if a fish is on do others around reel up? at nite, what is the best bait for bobber fishing? if it`s not blowing too hard I`ll be there thursday for first time nite fishing. thanks in advance.

[ 08-19-2003, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: dampainter ]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is what I heard works:

1) Tie a 2 ounce sinker to your line
2) Come back up the line 12 inches, tie a 6 inch section of 20 lb mono to a hook. Tie it directly to the main line and extend it out 90 degrees to the main line.
3) Add shrimp and favorite scent
4) Drop directly over the side to the bottom. Reel up 6 inches.
5) Wait for very light bite

1 - 15 of 15 Posts