IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I would vote for cannon over scotty but my preference is penn.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
I tried DRs for the first time this last weekend....It is kind of like rubbing you stomache and patty your head at the same time...or is it patty your head and. ... well you get the picture.

We have one of the manual soctty's , for kokes it was nice to get down without 2+ oz of weight. You don't get much of a fight with that much lead. I did get both Cannon and Scotty "mini" clips for the smaller fish. I thought the Cannon clips worked better and held the line more consistantly than the scotty.

gus,

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. Thanks Crabbait I missed that thread. I believe scotty is the way to go. The guy @ fishermans liked the tip up feature of the scotty, made sense. Again thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Berry's Bait in Canada usually has the best deal around. They have the 1116 for $430 US dollars so $399 sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yup, the Scotty 1116 is the way to go.... and $399 is about $70 less than I paid last fall.... Grrrr.... :hoboy:

The good news is, I need another one, so thanks for the tip.... :cheers:

Tim :smile:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you can wait for the sportman show in mid winter, it is well worth your time. Lots of competition and usually can talk them down. I got my 1099 electrics for $250 a piece plus free downrigger balls.

Green Machine

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Metal Madness..... I'm gonna check it out at AllTackle.... Thanks.... :cool:

And Green Machine..... I'm thinkin' I'll need to have that portside downrigger this fall, but good advice nevertheless..... :cheers:

Tim

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Hey Metal,

You might give Joes a call. My buddy found the cheapest price he could on the internet and then called Joes and they matched the price. He just had to bring in a printout of the webpage with the address and that was it. Saved him all the shipping charges also.

Just an idea. (and actually I think he got the same deal that you're looking at)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts