IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my best friend shad fishing @ bonneville yesterday and to say the least it was real slow, 5 shad for 4 hours of fishing. There were some interesting people out yesterday, this kid about 15-16 years old comes running up the bank with his salmon rod bent to all heck and he said he has a big sturgeon hooked in the mouth... He had been fighting it for 45 min. with 15 lb test. I am not sure how he new it was hooked in the mout but my guess was it was snagged somewhere. Well he gets about 45 yards above me and he walks right into the river, there was an 8 footer swimming about 5-10 feet off of the bank and this kid tries to tail the fish, and it takes off with his hand wrapped around the tail, good thing he let go. I told him to break off the fish he had hooked and he told me to F-off. Well i didn't feel like having a talk with his dad because dad had just climbed out of the water after trying to tail a big fish. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from that tree...
After the kid finally broke the line, on his way back down to his brainiac dad i asked him what he would have done if he would have got a good hold of the fish, he said held on it wouldn't have gone anywhere if he squeezed the tail real tight...

·
Registered
371 Posts
i HAVE HUNG OUT WITH KRAZY KENNY AT BONNIVILLE STURGEON FISHING AND TAKEN A 8 OZ SINKER IN THE HEAD WHILE LEARNING TO REEL BUT MY GOODNESS THAT ONE TAKES ALL THE CAKE ON ENTERTAINMENT........ WISH I WAS THERE TO ROLL WITH YOU ON THE ROCKS !!!!! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds like a future Darwin Award winner in the making there!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
104 Posts
What a kick. Wish I could have seen that. Look at it as a unique experience; you met a true moron, and true moron's are hard to find! :wink:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
That is amazing. I hope we get that family's genes in case of something bad happening on Earth so we can reproduce again.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Ya gotta appreciate the entertainment value of the terminally stupid.

In fact, you may have seen a Darwin award winner in the making.

[ 06-16-2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: RichH ]

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
sorry if it offends folks but stupid people should not be allowed to reproduce.

·
Registered
568 Posts
BT,

I was watching "Walking with the Cavemen" on the Discovery Channel the other day..

No Doubt they were wrong.... Neanderthal Man and all of their crazy cousins before them, are NOT extinct like they assumed. The species simply travelled across for or five continents and landed somewhere below Bonneville Dam.

Scott

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
I work with a guy like that, every day I live in fear. Rather have him wrasslin strugeon at bonnieville than at work with me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm glad these people were fishing from the bank, I hope they don't have a boat.
:hoboy:
:shrug: :depressed:

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
I've heard of scraping the bottom of the gene pool barrel, but in this case, I think they looked under the barrel.
:grin: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice response from a 15yr. kid. If I said that,my old man would of taking care of some business. No respect. People like these guys really made up appreciate the good people you run into when you in the outdoors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts