IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don\'t let the wife know where you been fishin

Well we did pretty well on Sunday with 9 fish on and 3 in the box. So I called the little women and let her know the good news and that I would be staying one more day to see if we could do better on Monday. So the tide was low and getting to our spot was going to be tough so we elected to go late like 8:00. We had no competition on Sunday so I was not planning on a monday having an issue with crowds. Well we got to the spot and low and behold Hogback and Danthefisheman were in MY spot. Turns out my lady spilled the beans on where I was fishing. We all had a great time catching fish and landed 16 nooks in all. No we didn't keep but seven for two boats. Dan was such a nice guy he even handed off his rod to the guide above us who had not hooked a fish. Dan was the hot rod on Monday he had 8 fish. We landed 19 fish in two days in Tidewater. Funny thing is the out of all those fish only 5 were hens. I don't have a digi cam so I don't have pics.
JW

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Re: Don\'t let the wife know where you been fishin

What IS a "little woman?"

Just curious.

Is that like, your spouse? Is that what it means?

So, do I get to say, I took the "little man" fishing this morning? :smile: :smile:

OK! :smile:

[ 11-04-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
13,284 Posts

probably one that isnt married :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:wink:

·
Registered
22,376 Posts

Only if your BOE's Wife Jennie. :shocked: :shocked: :wink: :wink: :laugh: :rolleyes: :cheers:

G

·

I saw both these guys never leave the Tav for two days. :shocked: Didn't you? (I am kidding and I did not poke any fish eyes out today.....
)

Wow, that's catching. :smile:

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts

I'm not married! Oh cool! A six foot tall "Little Woman!"

:smile: :smile: :smile:

:laugh:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Actually my women is not that little and if she new I called her that I would be in the DOG HOUSE.
but she did spill the beans on my "secret spot"

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts

Fished with a guide one day, won't mention who... and we went to a secret spot. I asked where he learned about this from, and he told me that he had had breakfast at a restaurant one day, and the waitress was ticked off at her boyfriend, so she told everyone she knew where the spot was. :smile:

I thought that was funny in a kind of awful way!

Jen

3,877 Posts

John,

It was great fishing with you guys this weekend... It was a heck of a bite down there. I am in the boat of having to do penence soon because my wife is thinking I am turning into a fish.

The hunt over at Umatilla was a great change of pace and I will be there again next weekend.

I am in Texas this week and my wife is wondering if we will ever spend any time together.

She is a great trooper and I am lucky to have someone like her that puts up with me.

Take care and tight lines.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

Some guys take offense at being called the little man!!! :blush: :mad: :grin:

Dipnet :grin:

G

·

Originally posted by CATCH AND EAT:
Only if your BOE's Wife Jennie. :shocked: :shocked: :wink: :wink: :laugh: :rolleyes: :cheers:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">LMAO...you know Bernie every once in awhile you come up with a classic :cheers:

·
Registered
7,949 Posts

Awww, Bernie only comes up with "classics" when he's razzin' BOE.

Personally, I think they have a "thing" for eachother. :grin:

Jennie - great idea, we should start referring to our men as "the little man" :laugh: That'd be good for their egos. How about "my ol' man"... now that would be well received. Or how about "narrow" y'know, like opposite of "broad"... :laugh:

Shoot, I love the story about the waitress who told everyone her man's secret 'cuz she was mad. I don't think I'd ever think of that. Of course, my "little man" never keeps secret fishing spots, so I guess it probably wouldn't work too well. :hoboy:

·
Registered
428 Posts

John, sounds awful possessive (my secret spot). Also no mention of the friendly competition? It was good fishing with you, Crazy Harold oops I mean Mr. Williams and Steve. Sorry I corked you so many times NOT. You should have known that like a bad dream WE WILL BE THERE. We gave you one day off. Little Woman wasn't that an article in Reader Digest? I'm suprised that your future wife even knew what you were talking about the Old Hide I've lived with for ever doesn't.
Randy
Just read your reply about the little woman and how she isn't that little. From the frying pan into the fire!

[ 11-05-2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Hogback ]

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

At five foot one and three quarters inches my wife really *is* the little woman,
but I don't have a death wish so you will certainly never catch *me* calling
her that!! :grin: :blush: :grin:

-assAssin-

·
Registered
236 Posts

Little women is better then Old Battle AX....this reminds me of my daughter, my wife and syd went across the port townsend ferry and they went and got there normal coffe and hot chocolet and because it was a nice summer day went out on the deck. some lady was looking at a bait ball with the gulls having dinner and says I wonder what the gulls are doing....My daughter who is 6 at the time looks at her and says "thats a bait ball of candle fish and if you troll around them you can catch some very nice kings but this late in the year your more likely to catch a silver.
another man who was close buy asks my wife "do you fish alot" my wife replys my husbane does. the man asks what has he been catching is fish on. My wife shruggs her shoulders and says ask syd....syd replys "We use green flashers with a green glow hootchie punped full of herring oil. Dad says there are too many dogsfish to drag cutplug but I like catch both dogs and salmon so I dont mind." this is from a 6 year old that brings barbies to play with until the fish bite. and I thought she wasnt paying attention. my wife noted that the guy got into a truck pulling a throphy boat when the ship was pulling in..DJ

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

My wife is 5' and would rather be called a litlle woman instead of big mama. Little woman is a good thing.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

My wife is 5' and would rather be called a little woman instead of big mama. Little woman is a good thing, it all how you say it.

Jet~~~

G

·

John, you just gonna' sit back and be quiet huh? :laugh:

I bet big you don't do the cooking, laundry and cleaning though. :shocked: :wink:

Ole' Man is cool :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts

Unbelievable... Jon you wont even tell me where the secret spot is but the "little woman" tells the world.

Honestly, I think there are quite of few of us calling their hole the "pig trough" but 16 bobber downs is a good indication you found the slot. Hope we are as lucky this weekend. :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts