IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I drove down to the end of Donaldson Road where I encountered a large permanent sign warning all not to trespass without permission. There was no pay box in sight but lots of boats and trailers. What's the deal there? Who/where do you pay and/or call??? :whazzup:

· Registered
23,212 Posts
We was there Tuesday and there is a pay box. Seems like it is a ways from the parking lot on the left as you go in to the brush.

papa

· Registered
737 Posts
I talked to some people in tillamook and they said the new owner wants to charge people to fish and even went ahead and put a gate to close the road. The county said that's a NO NO because it's a county road, however, he owns the parking lot. If he wants he can get people towed out of there and I heard he has. He's from hillsboro and he's been fight with the tillamook commisioners about this issue.

This info is from a current resident but maybe we can get someone that may have more info on these issue.

Jc

· Registered
99 Posts
I was there Thursday for the first time and went down Donaldson Road. At first I was a little hesitant due to all the "No Trespassing" signs all along the dirt road. They were facing in a way that I wasn't sure if they were talking about the road or the pastures to the right and left of me. I continued down the road and found a white can which said $5 to fish or launch a boat. So I threw in my $5 and fish to the right of the boat launch area, hook 3 and landed 1 fishing behind a big rock on the opposite side.

· Registered
120 Posts
From what I understand the owners name is Edmund Duyck and he lives in Hillsboro. A few years back he went to court to get the road closed and lost cause Donaldsons road is a county road. As long as you stay on the road and don't park you can launch your boat for free, but if you park then your on his land and he charges. Good Fishing !

· Registered
959 Posts
I for one am more than happy to pay 5 dollars to park my rig there. I would hope that everyone does the same so that this gentleman does not restrict parking. Quite a few years ago their used to be public access on the Necanicum at a launch called the rockquarry. There was a paybox and the owners asked for a few dollars. I would see the lot filled with rigs and from what I understand the paybox would stay empty. The owners decided to restrict access and I for one cant blame them.

· Registered
5,115 Posts
Re: Donaldsons boat ramp on Wilson River ? ??????

I checked out the rock quarry last year, and the only way to use their property now is to pay an annual fee (no daily option).

· Registered
1,368 Posts

come on guys... $5 for launch/parking fee is cheap... we spend more on bait and gas than that... it really bites when we have a good deal going and previous people blow it and the owner gets miffed and closes it... chains it off... or otherwise stops the access

· Administrator
40,978 Posts

If it's a public road, I don't see that anyone has a right to gate it or charge access. If he's charging for use of the quarry as a parking area and he owns it, then it makes good sense. But I hope the security is also improved. I think I remember several car bashings there last year.

· Administrator
129,612 Posts

I think it's an awesome deal. He has put up with tons of garbage for a long, long time.

Let's all pay up and keep the place clean.

Jen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.