IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem to have a good selection of rods. They are made in the USA. How come no one uses these rods?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
WILDRFTR,
If I am not mistaken I believe Talon is the company that took over the old Loomis Composite (LCI) firm up in Woodland. Years ago I used the LCI rods (96% graphite composition). I still have numerous 8'6" LCI 8-17 casting rods built by them. Caught a lot of steelhead and chinook drift fishing over the years with those rods. Still one of my favorites to take along. I just don't see them for sale on the retail level at any of the shops I support. Maybe they sell under a different name than Talon. Looks like their blanks run at a premium. As to the Talon rods I have never used one. If they produce like the old LCI rods then I would not hesitate.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have two of the Talon rods. One is a 4 piece fly rod, the other is a meat stick for sturgeon. Both rods have been excellent and I have owned them for at least ten years. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have two Talon rods, a salmon and a steelhead rod. I have had them for a long time and they are excellent. Their repair policy isn't as generous or as quick as Lamiglass, but I like the rods.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quality rod, But as stated earlier. The replacement and repair policy was poor. I had several break when the company was changing hands and never had the rods repaired or replaced by them. I refused to support the product since!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts