IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out hunting and found this in the woods. I assume it has something to do with mining as it is in the Ochocos. Looks like some kind of oven or melting thing.
Plant Automotive tire Natural landscape Wood Bedrock
Plant Automotive tire Natural landscape Wood Bedrock

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
That’s a built on site dog house boiler ,used for permafrost melting to create steam and hot water for camps .Usually they are a steel heatalator box ,found a few of the steel factory built contraptions .There are also smelters for gold ore,quick silver etc.To melt the money out of the hard rock .Cool find BCH👍🏻Did you pack it out 😳🤔😂would make a good conversation piece 🤷🏿‍♂️😎.Could also be a magnum fireplace 🤔

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Oh yea. That is some kind of oven or melting thing. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's obviously a cowboy boot drier from back before they made them ultralite for us wussy modern day hunters.

Boiler of some sort makes sense but I dont see how it would seal tight enough on the lower end of the large pipes to hold water, no matter what kind of caps they had on it. Obviously built to have caps of some sort thou. I dunno?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forgot to mention there was a metal bucket just out of view. Today I remembered watching Josh Gates on some gold adventure and they found something similar. It was for melting the gold out of the rock and it would run down into the buckets. I’m not sure if this is what it is but it sure looks similar. Or a boot dryer like previously mentioned lol. They were pretty hard core back then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts