IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine loand me his 9ft pontoon boat called a "little cat" he got it in Sisters Oregon. it was a gas to use i used it in one of our lakes here in Oregon. i guess they use them and the larger models on the Dechutes. they have larger tubes where you sit higher in the water. im sold on them. their seams are not stiched and it is very easy to manover around. but i am not a expert here. so common experts am i goining to get a good boat or not.. the 9ft runs about $900.00

[ 05-25-2003, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Check with Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem. I'm getting ready to get mine from them and they've got some pretty reasonable deals! Give them a call and might I suggest to shop around before you decide on one! Don't buy the first one you look at even if you do think it's the exact model you want. There are so many features out there that one needs to look around before settling! Never know when you'll find something else you like/dislike about them! Just my $.02.

-jokester

·
Registered
784 Posts
I bought a "South Fork" several years ago from Buck's Bags. Have since seen them in the Sportsmans Warehouse. This is a well designed/made package that I've have many, many great moments on.

I've used it on many lakes and ponds and have found it quite comfortable, roomy and manueverable. Have even used an electric motor to do some trolling and it worked great.

Once you get one you'll be coming up with all kinds of ideas on how to modify it to meet your needs. The back platform offers space for creativity. I took a heavy duty plastic milk crate, attached a 4-tube plastic rod holder to it and I have room to take whatever I want when I'm out on the water.

While the South Fork is rated for river use, it's "low" on that scale size-wise and a larger set up would probably be recommended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts