IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at Dodge Park today for 8 hrs. I saw one guy catch one at around 10am..
Then just as I was about to leave at noon they started coming through there like freight trains.
It was fun to see so many fish come up at once. sometimes 4 or 5 would all surface at the same time.
I hooked one and forgot I had the drag too tight from getting a snag out and it broke the line. :depressed:
Then my reel broke. Good thing I had another pole and reel because at 1pm I hooked another and landed it. 8 hrs of fishing and only one 9lb fish. :rolleyes: What a work out. 1st salmon for me this year though and Its headed for the smoker tomorrow. That will be a first for me also. I hope I don't ruin it. :depressed:

Oh and I was the only other person there that got a fish. Must of been Marie's shrimp sent. :grin:

Mike

·
Premium Member
14,395 Posts
nice job, prospect. it's all about putting in your time: if you put in enough time, you'll be there when the bite turns on. took me years to learn that one. it also explains why my tag looks so empty.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What a dazzling bright silver! Congratulations on a great looking fish.

Dale

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is definitely a chromer! :shocked:

I'm glad you got into some fish. I am nursing a nasty case of the flu that I feared I would catch. But, am hoping to join you on the sandy soon.

What did you catch him on?

Good luck on your first attempt at smoking. My first batch came out great, second batch is the one that was just so so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone,
ScottyV I got him on a #4 blue fox. chartreuse.
The first one that broke my line was on a green one. Anyone catch a coho with a green #4 blue fox in its mouth, its my fish. :laugh:
The guy next to me was using the same but had no luck. so I'm sure Marie's shrimp scent had somthing to do with it.. Thanks Marie!! :cheers:
I will put it to the test again next week.
I want to come home with 3 fish next time though. :wink: and all of them hens so I can cure some eggs. Ok 2 will do. :grin:
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts