IFish.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guz and I put together a 2-hali charter out of Garibaldi Friday and 3 guys didn't show...had the boat to ourselves. Seas calm, weather perfect. Went 27mi out to where everyone else fishes.

We started off the day with a Humbolt Squid. The problem for this poor cephalopod was the two doctors with sharp knives in their pocket who wanted to do an anatomy lesson.

Here we see the Hospice deck with a new arrival.

When less likely to get nailed, The Guz hoists it for inspection.

For composition, I decided to take on the eye. (Attn Eyefish!)

And then take out the lens...

Next we concentrated on the beak.

Then of course, we dissected its mouth...

Enough of the squid, lets move on to Potraiture.

First we have Captain Dick, inspired by Olaf Karsh's Hemingway

And his first mate today, Mark. His poor boat is in repair for the season.

Then of course, The Guz MD, hard at work

And his bud Bill

The instruments for todays surgery:

The Morgue

The Final Tally

Egads, work on my day off?

The Remains of the Day

All in all, the best day Halibut fishing I've had in a long time. I'm sorry I didn't get to post the 50+" Ling but it was fumbled back into the drink before I got my camera ready. Best Ling I've ever caught.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Thanks for the post. Nice pics :applause:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Great pics and a good narration!

Sounds like the hali were taken in good numbers and sizes all up and down the coast this past weekend.

the Spoiled Daddy

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Note to self, never let this guy check your prostate!

:crazy:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Way to go. I think you picked the right day. We went out Sunday and it was very slow. Charters weren't even catching them. Nice haul.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Reminds me of the movie "Dr. Giggles".:pumpkin:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've fished with the Doc and his friend Bill. But only in another boat. By the way the Doc is a Gynecologist:meme:

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Nice job Doc, didnt know you were a salty guy, I am gonna have to get you out some time :clap:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I sure hope not! I'd LOVE to get out for one more day and put a couple nice flatties on my tag before they do. :pray:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I would bet money that it's over. Someone posted that the fish checker didn't even measure their 10 halibut, just asked how many. Seems like they already decided that the quota will be met. I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yea, I've fished with guz and "his friend Bill". Couple a fishy fella's there!!! :wave: Looking forward to some fall chinook SOON!!!!
Gil

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks like a great day. I bet there are three disappointed fisherman. As I saw on a tee shirt today "I made the time, no excuses".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts