IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did it. We competed in our very first jump in DockDogs. What a blast! At first Marley wasn’t sure about jumping in that water. Standing on a 2 ft high dock is a LOT higher off of the water than a regular dock on a lake or river. The water was also clear. Again, that is not something that happens on a lake or river.
The crowd was fantastic at cheering everyone on.
Once Marley started to trust me on getting in the water she did good for her first time. In the competition jumps, she got 9 FT 6 inches and 8 ft 4 inches. The way they break down the distances worked out well for us. The shortest range distance was from 1 inch to 10 ft. Since she did 9.5 ft, she won that jump range. We just need to get her up to 20+ ft in the future.
We are taking her to a lake next weekend for some more practice. I don’t know if we will enter her next Sunday or not since she will be pooped out from her training on Saturday.

For anyone that has a chance to go see one of these events, do it! They are a lot of fun!

Enjoy the pictures.
http://www.mikeandcrew.com/2007/DockDogs/index.html

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Oh Man I Love Watching Those Dogs Jumping Off The Docks . And Thats Cool That She Likes It To . I Should Not Take Her To Long To Get Up To The 20' Distance . Just Takes Practice

Luke

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good job! looks like a ton of fun! :clap:

OK I expect a lab to do this but what about the Blue Heeler in your pictures, how did it do? I have two a little over a year old and boy are they athletic! Maybe I could teach them to do it? they love water.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. My Blue Heeler gets big air on the frisbees, and loves the water. I just never got her to jump off a dock, (Though I didn't put a lot of effort into it either...)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking the same thing. My Blue Heeler gets big air on the frisbees, and loves the water. I just never got her to jump off a dock, (Though I didn't put a lot of effort into it either...)
It seems like the heelers did well at the event. I was so focussed on my pooch that I didn't pay much attention to other dogs.
Here are some pics from last weekend in Tacoma. It was pretty wet and nasty so the pics are not the best.
http://www.mikeandcrew.com/2007/TacomaDockDogs/index.html
Our girl managed to improve by over 6 feet from her last event!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts