IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As some of you may know, we bought a sled from the Portland area that belonged to a gentleman named Pete King.

Anyway, Saturday, I was talking with JohnnyMack a member of this site and he says Pete was a member here. John says his name might have been "something Willie" or "Willie something". This makes sense since we know that Pete loved to fish the Willamette especially the springers.

The boat is a 18' Alumaweld VS, with blue stripe, 200hp tiller and matching Merc 6hp kicker.

Anyone remember Pete or what his ifish moniker was?

I only like to know because he sounds like a good man and would like to keep his memory and joy for fishing alive.

We re-rigged the sled and her name is "Re-Pete" in his honor.

Yours,

Krue

[ 04-13-2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: kruechief ]

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Krue, there was a gentleman named I think White Wille that passed away last year and had a place in Tillamook. I didn't know him but check in the archives and you might find what you are looking for.

Hope this helps but others may know more.

·
Administrator
41,369 Posts
Mike Shoenwald was know as White Willie and a memorial thread is posted HERE. It sounds like that's someone else.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How you been Brother Keith?

How goes the planning for God-stock 03?

I think this gentleman's name had something to do with the Willamette River and obviously not the boat!

I hope all is well for you!

Pete, I thought I had better qualify which "Pete" I was asking about. :shocked:

Krue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts