IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Next time your on the coast, stop at Beaver general store and post office. Go into the resturant section and look on the walls Introduce yourself to Bruce. A hippy fishing dude from Detroit wth some pretty cool antique fishing gear on display.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Cool stuff, I brought a reel into Ollie Damons to be looked at and he told me it was a Record Ambasadour #6000. It was never used, still in it's leather case with all original spare parts and oil. Only thng missing was the papers and box. Valued at close to $1,000! Needless to say it doesn't make any trips to the river.
I've slowly gotton into the antique fishing thing, but mostly with old lures....thanks for the cool link.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey....thanks for the link.....just yesterday I was trying to get an idea of the value of a reel my grandfather gave me about 25 years ago-a pfleuger supreme new-in-box. He said he bought it as a back-up but never had to use it because his first one never failed him.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
This is kinda the Neman Marcus Catalogue for reels isn't it? How many shopping days till Christmas? :grin:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Gee, I better go dig out that old Zebco Cardinal 4 in the closet! :shocked:

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Cool site! I don't think my old reels are worth much, but it looks like one of my lures may be!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I have to stop passing on those at the garage sales. I thought they were all junk.... lol

Jet~~~

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
no 4,000 dollar reel, but 4,000 dollars worth of reels probably. Do you think I have a problem buying too much gear? Naw, you can never have too much. I tell my wife, "but honey, what if, like 17 friends come to visit, they need some gear to fish with, right?"
GBS

·
Administrator
119,703 Posts
I'm going to leave this one, but remember you guys, no links to commercial sites.
It would be tough to talk about this without one, I understand, but there has been a trend lately, of posting urls, and I have to keep an eye out for sponsors.

Just makes it easier if I "just say no" instead of deciding on a case by case.

Jen

·
Registered
235 Posts
Okay, now this is how sorry a case I am. I have a couple antique bait casters and rods that I got from my Grandfather. I don't have the slightest clue what they are. One still has the old cloth line on it, and it's in like new condtion. One of the rods is actually metal--I don't know what type. I'm just totally oblivious to the antique tackle thing. I could probably recite every modern fly rod model from the last fifteen years from memory, but I can't even tell you what kind of anitque gear I have.
Maybe I can post some photos of the stuff sometime and ask for some expert advice?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
A few years ago I was having fun being an Ebay junkie....selling all the old huntin' and fishin' gear I didn't need anymore. My dad gave me a couple of 5000D's (direct drive green ABU reels) with all the cases, boxes, and paperwork. He was thinking he might get $50.00 a piece for them. Well, the both went to Japan for over $300.00 each!!! He was really suprised, as these reels weren't in perfect shape by any means, but it sure was cool to find a jewel in the junk!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts