IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey iFishers,

Have heard conflicting statements on whether or not Salmon must be clipped to keep at this time at Drano. Have read the regs but not any updates and am going tomorrow so just want to make sure.

As always TIA!

WLW

[ 08-18-2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: West Linn Wader ]

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they both could be right. "Salmon" is a pretty generic term.

I thought that 95% of the fall fisheries allow retention of fin-clipped coho and unmarked chinook. I realize Drano isn't a hotbed of coho activity, but if there are some tired ones pulling in for a rest, it could happen...

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They may not yet be there in force but the nooks are there. Saw a few caught on Sunday and my father-in-law let a 22# go last week because the WDFW told him that Salmon had to be clipped. Perhaps they were referring to Coho only or else the person he spoke to was wrong. In any case they sure don't make it easy by just reading the regs.

WLW

·
Registered
790 Posts
WLW - Both steelhead and coho need to be clipped at Drano to retain them. Fall Chinook would not need to be clipped, although it's a bit early for either tules or URB's. But wait another week or so and they'll be there. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts