IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering how long of a run it is from Deep river to the Astoria bridge and what type of water conditions should I plan on? I am not familiar with the deep river area and thought I would try something new, but just incase I can't hook up I can always run to the secret spot in Astoria.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
According to TOPO Washington, it's about 10 miles. Don't know about the conditions firsthand, but according to TOPO, it looks pretty shallow with narrow channels.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
In the afternoon the wind can sometimes kick up pretty good. Just use common sence, you can launch out of Chinook Washington also.

Tight lines to ya HOGGEM'IN

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Best money you can spend is a river chart. You will be very happy you did. You will have to stay close the the wa side when coming out of deep river. Follow your markers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
DeepRiver is a private owned launch one boat at a time not much of a dock the river outlets into a small bay with a narrow channel out to the main river its marked with bouys though Got stranded there once couldn't make it back to Hammond
the waves were to big below the bridge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts