IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to know is how to get to the other side of the river from dog creek(without a boat). It looks like if I took the road that goes to River Mill Dam, but kept going I could get there. Does anyone have info? Email me if its a secret. Don

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Private access on that side, gonna need to get a boat. Lots of folks run the upper ramp to the lower, first rapid is a no brainer although it looks scary at times. Minefield below Dog Cr. is easy if you run it correctly, left of center is best. A DB went down a few days ago.
Just be careful and scout it if you decide to run it in any craft.

[ 04-14-2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Mad Mikey ]

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
MM, If they tried to "cowboy it on the right" how did the boat end up on the far left? Obviously, they made a mistake. Were they that far off?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there are two boat ramps in the park? One near the hatchery and the other one lower in the park? I have a small pontoon boat could I walk it around the mine field rapids? Could I row back up to the first ramp? How far is it from upper to lower ramp? How could I get from lower to the upper ramp? How could I keep my boat safe while I go get my boat? Don

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
To get to the lower ramp, take a left at the first stop sign as you enter the park. Go all the way to the end. of that road.

As far as running the minefeild in a pontoon, I've done it when I had my pontoon. It seemed pretty easy to me, but I do have some white water expierience. Just stay to the left. If you feel unconfortable stay in shallow water so you could stand up and stop to look it over.

CM

·
Registered
437 Posts
The "other" side of Dog Creek is traditionally where the boats anchor up. With your pontoon boat, you could easily get over there. However, when the boat's show up you're done. Also, I've bank fished both sides and honestly, bank fishing is much better from the Dog Creek side.

BTW, went fishing Saturday and saw "The Undertaker" attempting to salvage that drift boat in The Minefield. That boat was completely wedged against the rocks right in the very center of the rapids.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Sorry about that JB, I got this one mixed up with another incident. My bad.... :depressed:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts