IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by FMS in OC and Sportsmans yesterday. I thought I had gone blind by the price of the TwisTech spinner maker. FMS-$64.99, Sportsmans-$49.99. :hoboy: That seems a lot higher than when I bought mine a few years back. Now, the Boggs doesn't look quite as expensive. :shocked:

I was impressed by Sportsmans. They had a good selection of hooks in all different sizes. Crabbait-7/0 Owners. :wink: Their prices on some things were awesome, on others- :shrug:

For you bird hunters-WOW. The prices on Kent Fasteel- :hoboy: The ultimate Upland loads were good. They also have a wind activated spinning wing duck decoy that I will pick up closer to the season to replace that motorized one I sold to some guy in Pennsylvania a couple years ago.

Between the two I bought quite a bit of fishing gear which kept the wife happy- stayed under $100.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Let me give you my perspective on retail. I've had stores in the malls off ond on for 12 years.
(not tackle) Because they have to have a good markup to stay in business and pay all the bills of labor, rent, and so muuh more, they have to have some items at "full price" these pay the bills. These full price items will very from time to time. But they are always there. A smart shopper with time to do so can go from store to store (gijoes, fms, sportsmans, and others) and find the sale items and every day low prices. I have people come in my store and "oh your prices are so good," "I just came from so and so, there price is so much higher" The truth is I have some prices higher then them. We retailer just have to pick and chose where we have are highist markups.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense. The core items which keep bringing people back would need to be very competitively priced or they wouldn't be back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts