IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see this on Outdoor GPS Facebook,
Is this for real? I went to ODFW and the dates have shifted a bit so it seems true.

Anyone go to the meeting and have an answer as to WHY?

Bonney counts seem good enough.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
261 Posts
Increased take of Tule stock.

"It's extremely disappointing that we have to close these areas down. Fishing has been quite good, but unfortunately along with that came using up the available tule Chinook allocation for these areas," said Tucker Jones, ODFW Columbia River Manager. "Conservation is our first responsibility, and we have to do what we can to ensure we do not adversely impact this listed stock."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
From ODFW's official Twitter page: "Closure needed to protect lower river tule Chinook, but fishery managers hope to reopen"

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From ODFW's official Twitter page: "Closure needed to protect lower river tule Chinook, but fishery managers hope to reopen"
Hatchery or wild Tule? If it’s those Lewis river hatchery fish that are the constraint again…. Im going to lose it.

What if we kill them all and then never have to deal with closures due to a garbage fish?

Would be way too easy to just not open upriver until September I suppose.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hatchery or wild Tule? If it’s those Lewis river hatchery fish that are the constraint again…. Im going to lose it.

What if we kill them all and then never have to deal with closures due to a garbage fish?

Would be way too easy to just not open upriver until September I suppose.
I thought the Lewis tules where strays??? I believe the Lewis river only native run consist of brights. Regardless they don’t taste all that great either.

It’s probably more about the cowlitz, kalama and washougal

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought the Lewis tules where strays??? I believe the Lewis river only native run consist of brights. Regardless they don’t taste all that great either.

Say if the upmost river is the washougal then why wouldn’t they at the very least make that the deadline!? Lots of water between there and the dam.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Im fairly confident they barely rear anything that returns to that hatchery.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Wellp, at least the bow pickers go their fare share. Guess I'll be rescheduling my vacation🤬

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gee, maybe we should make friends with the commercials and their powerful lobbies who will effectively fight to get more fish planted and help us fight off certain other fishing PAC’s.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Hmmm. High catch rate. Most be those skateboards
Maybe we should go back to just anchor fishing the ebb above tongue pt to get a longer season like before.
Like BGF said before the sport fleet is to sufficient nowadays

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hmmm. High catch rate. Most be those skateboards
Maybe we should go back to just anchor fishing the ebb above tongue pt to get a longer season like before.
Like BGF said before the sport fleet is to sufficient nowadays

I wonder how many Tule were killed via net? This really stinks. As mentioned they’re having a meeting on Thursday to schedule more net seasons.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts