IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out near OC on Sat afternoon and the bite was really on. In 3 hours we boated about 35 fish and I took a couple of friends out and we all had a blast besides the hail....

Went back out on Sunday morning and couldn't buy a fish. We fish hard for about 3.5 hrs and only boated 6 fish. We fish all around and moved several times, tried everything in the box, but nothing boasted more than an occasional strike.

I was just curious if anybody els had the same fate on Sun morn?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I fished from the bank there at Clackamette park and landed one in 3 hours of fishing. Saw one boat at the tip of the park there spanin' them but he was the only consistent one. Hope to get after them this week.

~steelymann~

N

·
0 Posts

Cloudy (and most) days "shad killer." Flo-red jig head. 1 and 2 inch clear chartreuse twister tail/grub, covered in anchovy scent. Small as you can go the better. Slide one ruby red very small bead down on your leader on top of the jig head.

:smile:

Rick

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
My buddy and two friends boated about 25 just below the Clack on the West Linn side on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Friday 30, Sunday 53 fish, today for about 2.5hrs 10-15 fish. Big n brite is a shad killer and so is Zaq's daughter. She was nice she handed off one to her dad :grin: .

[ 05-19-2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Fished Sunday morning at Clackamette park. Maybe we saw you?? Just bought the drift boat from "Kwiky", 14' Alumaweld with no motor. We were watching the Carnival all morning. I must of had the right spot because I caught about 20, and my buddy only caught 1. Same gear and everything!! :grin: Just a Wee Dick Nite with chartruse tip. Can't wait for the big run!!!

Green Machine

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the main run is on the way as I saw a lot of boats taking them in the MC on Saturday. Seemed like plenty shad to go around everywhere you go the fishfinder was full of them.

Gonna give them a try myself but will probably turn it off for everyone as I do with chinook.
*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Anchored next to just one other boat near Meldrum yesterday afternoon. Took my boys and had three poles in the water. We had so many double and triples I couldnt keep up and had to put a pole away. 3.5 hours of that and we were all beat up and tired :grin: Caught just one fish on a Dick Nite and about 50 others on green mini grubs with glitter. Seems like the shad are bigger this year, has anyone noticed? Two more trips and I'll have all the bait I need :dance:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Tundra...I haven't fished the Willamette for shad for a couple years, since moving to WA. I have some pictures of my kids with the "Willamette King Shad". :shocked: We used to get several that were close to or over 5#.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
****** - have you ever tried fishing for anything without a red bead?

Ricks favorite setups:

Trout: small copper blade spinner with red bead.

Catfish: Worm on the bottom with red bead just above worm hook.

Tarpin: Streamer fly with red bead on shank

Salmon: Big copper blade spinner, bead color doesn't matter as long as one of them is red...

Sturgeon: Take eye out of anchovy and replace with red bead...

:grin:

·
Registered
676 Posts
was fishing above clackamette a lil bit today and as i was bringing a fish up from the depthes seen about 8-10 others coming up with it,,,,,thought i must have caught the king shad :shrug:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Anybody hear about the Camas/Washougal Area????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts